Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 02:17 AM   #1
Hamsky
Enthusiast
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
Power-off timeout

Hi, All,

in KOReader we have sleep timeout, but how to set up power-off timeout?

For example if sleep more than 4 hours - switch book off, so will not drain battery.

Is there any option to do so?
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I suppose it might be theoretically possible with rtcwake.[1] But it seems like a pretty bad trade-off to me. The battery drains so slowly in sleep that it'll last for months, which is rather the point, whereas booting takes a while.

PRs welcome, of course.

[1] If the Kobo actually supports it.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This piqued my curiosity. The answer would seem to be that it's not supported. On a normal device, you can do this to suspend to memory and wake up in 10 seconds:
Code:
sudo rtcwake -m mem -s 10
On a Kobo, you get this:
Code:
# rtcwake -m mem -s 10
rtcwake: /dev/rtc0 not enabled for wakeup events
Old 02-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There may be a quirk to get them working, looking at the rcS init script might help, as I vaguely recall something of the sort there at one point (i.e., disabling rtc wakes).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard

Huh, there's indeed some kind of reference to it on line 213 of mine:
Code:
(
/usr/local/Kobo/pickel disable.rtc.alarm

if [ ! -e /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ]; then
  cp /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.template /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
fi

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/mxc_dvfs_core.0/enable

/sbin/hwclock -s -u
) &
Anyway, I'm not super interested. :P

Edit: looks it worked on the old Kobo Touch?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=182891&page=2

But my kernel apparently doesn't have that "file".

It wouldn't surprise me if it worked on the https://github.com/lgeek/okreader kernel though.

Last edited by Frenzie; 02-26-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yes, the rtc-wake trick did work on old firmware (pre hardfloat) and required, at least in my case, a custom busybox build.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote