Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #61
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
I second (third? fourth? lost track) for Robert Jordan. I'd also like to see *ahem* the Harry Potter series... For my wife. Not me. My Wife. Please no flaming. I know that won't happen though. JK is no friend to ebooks.

Also

On my way to paradise by Dave Wolverton, anything by Tom Sharpe, All The Flashman series, Patrick O'Brien, C.S. Forester. etc.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
They are all all widely available. You just have to pay for them because all but two are in copyright.
Not all available, sadly. Something like 80% of her books seem to be currently available as eBooks. Hopefully the rest will appear in due course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #63
Basqueman
Basqueman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
All books by Carlos Castaneda

The Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian

Larry McMurtry
Basqueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #64
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yes, yes, and yes. I like a good Western now and then. They are the prototype for SF.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
westerns are the prototype for SF ?? i'm not contradicting you (mainly because i've not read very much SF, and no westerns at all, so what do i know) but could you explain that please ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #66
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
A lonesome hero in an alien/wild landscape using state of the art weaponry to battle villainy?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #67
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
A lonesome hero in an alien/wild landscape using state of the art weaponry to battle villainy?
Or...

Space: the western frontier

?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #68
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah ok then, that makes sense. (particularly the last one )
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #69
zelda_pinwheel

i would like the Nestor Burma detective books by Léo Malet, particularly as they are still in copyright (and will be for a loooooong time : Malet died in 1996) but are nonetheless old enough (the first one was published in 1943) to be getting quite hard to find in paper. in fact they might even be out of print, since almost all of the available copies online are used (except for the more recent omnibus editions).
Old 06-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #70
stxopher
Nameless Being

All of Stanislaw Lems work but most wanted would be the Cyberiad and Memoirs Found in a Bathtub.

Ghormanghast. (Hey, don't judge me!)

Cities in Flight by Blish.

(sorry but all my tastes are simple.)
Old 06-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #71
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't read the whole thread but I would like The Stand by Stephen King. I'd also like an audiobook version of it as well. It's my favorite book and one of the very few I've re-read (if I know the ending I can't read it again).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #72
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
'Red Storm Rising' by Tom Clancy
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #73
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Julian Jay Savarin : Lemmus - A Time Trilogy
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #74
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
I'm rather partial to the work of Samuel Shellabarger but only two of them ("Prince of Foxes" and "Captain of Castille") are in print these days. I'd love to see the other ones as an e-book !!
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #75
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher View Post
All of Stanislaw Lems work but most wanted would be the Cyberiad and Memoirs Found in a Bathtub.
I concur, and I'd add _Tales of Pirx the Pirate_ to the most wanted list.

Quote:
Ghormanghast. (Hey, don't judge me!)
I don't. I have _Gormenghast_, _Titus Groan_, and _Titus Alone_ in paper editions.

Quote:
Cities in Flight by Blish.
Goodness, yes. Almost anything by Blish. Add _A Case of Conscience_ to the must list.

Quote:
(sorry but all my tastes are simple.)
Not from my viewpoint.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote