Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Any fantasy?

Steven Erikson, Robert Jordan, Kate Elliott, J.R.R. Tolkien ...just to name a few.
For fantasy (& sci-fi) it'd be nice if Tor would really get more behind ebooks. Actually it'd be nice if their parent company would get it together as their other labels aren't any better than Tor when it comes to what's available or what it's priced.

Right or wrong they're titles are among the most "shared" & that makes them nothing. I know plenty of folks who'd love to be able to buy reasonably priced ebooks from Tor (& some of the other big Sci-Fi/Fantasy labels out there).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Not one title, per se, but I sure would like to see the entire Leisure Horror line of titles (backlist and frontlist) made available as ebooks.

I would sign up for a year's worth - or more- just like they do as advertised for the paper editions near the back of each book.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Not one title, per se, but I sure would like to see the entire Leisure Horror line of titles (backlist and frontlist) made available as ebooks.

I would sign up for a year's worth - or more- just like they do as advertised for the paper editions near the back of each book.

Don
I'd do something similar for their Hard Case Crime books. Dorchester doesn't seem to be interested in doing ebooks unfortunately, at least not yet.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I agree that I wish Tor would get off the fence and join ebooks. I also wish that all publishers would ebook old titles. Sony has several Piers Anthony, but only Xanth. Where is his other work? Many other authors in the same catagory, both at Sony and at Webscriptions.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I would like to see The Great American Novel by Philip Roth. It is the funniest book I have ever read. Go Ruppert Mundys!
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #21
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Where the Sidewalk Ends. It would make a beautiful e-book.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've got a weakness for detective novels by Swedish marxists, so I would like to see all ten of Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall's 'Martin Beck' series.

It would also be good to see some K Arne Blom, though only two were ever translated to English.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
a lot of old books which are not yet in pd but can be hard to find in paper, like Léo Malet's Nestor Burma detective series, Dorothy L. Sayers, etc.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #24
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The first Dorothy L Sayers is available at Project Gutenberg and in our upload section.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, i have that one (Sayers was one of the first authors i looked for when i got my eb1150). i mean the others. actually they entered the pd this year in canada i beleive (forgot about that) so with some luck maybe the texts will turn up soon. i have several of them in paper already but the editions are not really nice enough to make me hesitate in replacing them with digital versions (i need the space).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I bought Lord of The Rings from PocketGear. They sell games for pocketpcs bu also have an ebook section. Since I thought they were an O.K. firm I bought the books without asking questions. Laine
That was absolutely not a legal version. I'd suggest that you contact the seller and complain about being sold an illegal item.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

They're still offering them for sale in MS Reader format. I always though PocketGear was a legit seller, but if these books were legit then everyone would be selling them.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #28
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That was absolutely not a legal version. I'd suggest that you contact the seller and complain about being sold an illegal item.
Why do you think it's illegal? Because they're so cheap?

PocketGear, as has been mentioned, does sell a lot of games and tools for PDAs and mobile phones.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
ElTorito
ElTorito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Any fantasy?

Steven Erikson, Robert Jordan, Kate Elliott, J.R.R. Tolkien ...just to name a few.
And R.A. Salvatore
ElTorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTorito View Post
And R.A. Salvatore
I have some R.A. Salvatore I purchased from the Sony site.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote