Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #91
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
All right, then. I'll test again in the next release
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #92
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The SSL error issue will be fixed in the next release. The problem was Qt on Windows was not built with SSL support. Kovid has added SSL support to the Windows build.
OK, that makes sense. I'll wait, impatiently, for a new build...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #93
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just released 0.7.57 with fixes for all the issues reported in this thread (I hope). Thanks for all the feedback!

This release adds a new metadata download plugin to download from Overdrive. If you customize the Overdrive plugin and enable "Download all metadata", you will get access to the tagging system used by overdrive's libraries, which is great f you want fewer "more genre like" tags.

The Get Books dialog now shows DRM status for the books it finds when that information is available.

There is one outstanding bug where doing a bulk metadata download in windows can sometimes cause a crash after the download finishes, that will be fixed next week.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #94
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Will you be adding the capability to do a bulk "download social metadata" like you had in the old version?

By the way, new format is so much easier and faster to use. Great job.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #95
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, there is no concept of "social metadata" anymore. Instead you can click the config button and select whatever metadata you want downloaded, exactly.
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #96
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is it just me, or did the content server stop working? I only use it maybe once a week - and haven't tried it since we started playing with the new rev 8, but tonight I cannot connect to it at all. (Yes, I had changed the port at one point.)

From the error log:

Code:
[22/Apr/2011:21:10:55]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\base.py", line 78, in start
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\mdns.py", line 76, in publish
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\Zeroconf.py", line 1346, in registerService
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\Zeroconf.py", line 1433, in checkService
NonUniqueNameException

[22/Apr/2011:21:10:55] ENGINE Bus STARTED
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:14] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('::', 7777)) shut down
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('::', 7777)) shut down
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE Stopped thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE Bus EXITING
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE Waiting for child threads to terminate...
[22/Apr/2011:21:32:15] ENGINE Bus EXITED
[22/Apr/2011:23:40:02] ENGINE Bus STARTING
[22/Apr/2011:23:40:02] ENGINE Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
[22/Apr/2011:23:40:03] ENGINE Serving on :::8080
[22/Apr/2011:23:40:03] ENGINE Bus STARTED
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('::', 8080)) shut down
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Stopped thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Bus EXITING
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Waiting for child threads to terminate...
[22/Apr/2011:23:45:55] ENGINE Bus EXITED
Update: Ah I got it.
I played with the tweak "What interfaces should the content server listen on". I changed it to accept IPV4 and IPV6 ('::').
Changed it back to 0.0.0.0 and the server is working again.

Maybe this will be useful to you.

Last edited by DeadMan; 04-23-2011 at 01:54 AM.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #97
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
[QUOTE=kovidgoyal;1499823]@oldbwl: try the next release, let me know if the problem is still there

Got the latest release, this problem has been fixed completely.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #98
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Works great now, from what I've tested. Loaded two books from Mobileread through the shop interface, tweaked metadata and uploaded to the device, no errors.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #99
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DeadMan: IPv6 support depends on lots of other things like your OS networking stack, which is why it isn't turned on by default.

@oldbwl: Glad to hear it.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #100
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
While I had no complaints on previous version, everything looks good here with latest one. Looks like it's about time to click on that "Donate" button again.

Thanks for all the work guys...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #101
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
Get Books - I tried linking through to Barnes and Noble and to diesel ebooks. I can get through to the sites but both of them hang when I try to log in. The progress is pretty pointless at this point since it is stuch at 100%. With nothing hapening, I was looking for a refresh button.

My wife has given me a long list of titles to find and I'm looking forward to using this feature to do my comparison shopping for me.
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #102
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiacha View Post
Get Books - I tried linking through to Barnes and Noble and to diesel ebooks. I can get through to the sites but both of them hang when I try to log in. The progress is pretty pointless at this point since it is stuch at 100%. With nothing hapening, I was looking for a refresh button.
Signing into those sites works correctly for me. Are you using 0.7.57? There was a bug in 0.7.56 that would prevent you from being able to sign in.

Also, the reload button is two buttons to the left of the progress bar at the bottom.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #103
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
okay, what am I doing wrong? I get the following error messages:

calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single_download.py" , line 366, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 415, in identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 122, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'plugin'
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #104
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
okay, what am I doing wrong? I get the following error messages:

calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single_download.py" , line 366, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 415, in identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 122, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'plugin'
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=3
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #105
lbik
Reader
lbik doesn't litterlbik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle KB and Kindle Fire HD 8.9
No more Descriptions in 0.8

With 0.8 Testswitch on True, I get no more Book descriptions from Amazon.
With switch on False everything works fine.
Calibre 0.7.57

(Oh, I redirected Amazon.com to Amazon.de in the hosts File, because Amazon.com has no German descriptions.)
lbik is offline   Reply With Quote