Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I was having this issue on XP.
The current cover was Blueish overlay. The description was clean text.
I had to click another cover to see what the current one looked like.
Note: I was doing a Metadata update , so I already had a current cover.
Here are 2 screen shots of what I see:
As you can see, the default cover is dulled by the highlight which really appears visibly in the second shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DefCvrSel.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	70162   Click image for larger version

Name:	otherCvrSel.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	70163  

Last edited by theducks; 04-19-2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: more
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #77
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Here are 2 screen shots of what I see:
As you can see, the default cover is dulled by the highlight which really appears visibly in the second shot
That's what I see using Windows XP sp3. I don't see a problem with it but have no objection to having no covers selected by default.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #78
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I've tried searching for books on Mobileread via the main store window as well as the Mobileread store window available in the dropdown menu. I noticed that while the second window had a column for format, the first one did not. Is it possible to add a format column to the main store window? That would really help to find out which book I want, because, at least for Mobileread, I get one hit per format with no way to distinguish between them.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #79
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
I can't get the "get books function" to work.
I'm going to need a little more info than that...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #80
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Is it possible to add a format column to the main store window?
Working on it.
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@oldbwl: try the next release, let me know if the problem is still there

@theducks: Try the next release, let me know if the problem is still there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #82
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That's what I see using Windows XP sp3. I don't see a problem with it but have no objection to having no covers selected by default.
Walt
I was suggesting to only highlight the title/info part and leave the image in the clear. (or use a radio selection type button if that works with the layout)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #83
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Walt
I was suggesting to only highlight the title/info part and leave the image in the clear. (or use a radio selection type button if that works with the layout)
Seems like a good idea.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #84
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Any chances of being able to change Language metadata using the GUI?

I'd love to send books in German to the Kindle and enjoy the page numbers (currently I convert them using the command line). The metadata is useful for dictionary purposes (I've a German dictionary on the Kindle, and its used automatically on books with proper metadata).
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #85
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The get books function (for me anyway) gets the list of books that I searched for, but when I click on the one I chose It comes up with "unhandled exception" this came up on all the books I tried.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #86
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
The get books function (for me anyway) gets the list of books that I searched for, but when I click on the one I chose It comes up with "unhandled exception" this came up on all the books I tried.
The exception would help... I'm guessing you're using a proxy? Proxy's are currently broken with Get Books. It will be fixed in the next release.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #87
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
That's the only problem I ran into, The rest is great! The new metadata fetcher is awesome!
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #88
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The exception would help... I'm guessing you're using a proxy? Proxy's are currently broken with Get Books. It will be fixed in the next release.
Pretty sure you've seen this one already in this thread, but any attempt at a book from Kobo, for example, leads to:

calibre, version 0.7.56
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QNetworkAccessManager' object has no attribute 'sslErrors'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\search.py", line 175, in open_store
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\kobo_plugin.py", line 45, in open
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\web_store_dialog.py", line 18, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\web_store_dialog_ui.py ", line 32, in setupUi
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\web_control.py", line 43, in __init__
AttributeError: 'QNetworkAccessManager' object has no attribute 'sslErrors'
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #89
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
@user_none: I'm not entirely sure if this is still relevant or if you fixed this already, but I got the sslErrors exception when trying to get a book from Mobileread. I'm not using any proxies, I'm connected through a pretty standard router setup. OS is XP SP3, Calibre 0.7.56. If this isn't fixed and you need additional info, say so.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #90
user_none

The SSL error issue will be fixed in the next release. The problem was Qt on Windows was not built with SSL support. Kovid has added SSL support to the Windows build.