Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Cyndi25
Cyndi25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do I transfer books to Kindle app on iPad?

I can see them in iBooks, but how do I get them to show up on my Kindle app on my iPad?

I tried to import the file into my iTunes music library and it seems like it is doing something, but I can't find the book when I search and yet I can see the folder on my computer in the music folder. I've gotten used to the Kindle interface and I don't care for the iBooks.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for you help.
Cyndi
Cyndi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are they Mobi files? If you can see them in iTunes then they must be ePubs which aren't compatible with Kindle's or Kindle Apps, so they'd need converting to Mobi format. Are the books DRM'd, if so and they're ePubs the DRM would have to be removed to be able to convert.

If you have Mobi files here's some info on sideloading...
http://www.macworld.com/article/1157066/kindle_app.html

...or you can email them to the apps email address and they'll be downloadable in app.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
To view mobi ebooks on an iPad:

Install the latest version of the "Kindle for iPad" app from the App Store (earlier versions may not work).

Then copy the files over to the app using the iTunes File Sharing facility (don't use Syncing).

To use File Sharing, see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote