Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #256
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I seem to recall someone finally located the serial ports on the Oasis models.
I think that is only the first Oasis.

I think no one has reported opening the Oasis 2 or Oasis 3 without rendering them unusable.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:29 PM   #257
MultiKoopa
MultiKoopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis Gen 10 (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I seem to recall someone finally located the serial ports on the Oasis models. If so, you should be able to do a serial jailbreak. Of course this involves opening the unit and working with tiny easy to destroy contacts, so be sure you are up to the job or you risk trashing your unit.

Beyond that all you can do is wait for another software vulnerability to be found and worked on. You might want to keep your Oasis in airplane mode and side load all contents to ensure no further firmware updates.

Dave
yeah I do NOT have the skills to solder anything lol

damn that's a shame
MultiKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #258
alexbmd
alexbmd began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
hi guys
please explain
what the JB I should use
if I have KOasis (latest) 5.12.2

this one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268
or this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037

and should I install JB Hotfix. if I have no wifi connection ?
alexbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 01:02 PM   #259
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbmd View Post
hi guys
please explain
what the JB I should use
if I have KOasis (latest) 5.12.2

this one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268
or this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037

and should I install JB Hotfix. if I have no wifi connection ?
KindleBreak
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268

Always install the JB Hotfix.
Old 12-25-2022, 04:18 AM   #260
alexbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Always install the JB Hotfix.

plz explain to a newbie. Correctly I understand that a hotfix is needed only to "disable" the reader's auto-update for a new firmware?

I just have a reader _always_ without the Internet, I don’t have an online account and all the other stuff, I don’t update and don’t read anything online, and now I don’t understand if I need a hotfix in this case? if so why?
Advert
Old 12-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #261
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
plz explain to a newbie. Correctly I understand that a hotfix is needed only to "disable" the reader's auto-update for a new firmware?

I just have a reader _always_ without the Internet, I don’t have an online account and all the other stuff, I don’t update and don’t read anything online, and now I don’t understand if I need a hotfix in this case? if so why?
The hotfix does not prevent or disable automatic updates, it protects the jailbreak in case of reset or update. How do you know that you will never have a need to reset and will never accidentally reset?
Old 12-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #262
alexbmd

with reset yes I agree. thank you
Old 12-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #263
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Just make sure to:
- turn wi-fi OFF
- merely restart Kindle TWICE

after an update or factory reset. Make sure NOT to have two updates/resets in any order or quantity, otherwise JB and hotfix gonna die forever.

Also keep an eye on JB Hotfix updates on NiLuJe's Snapshots thread and install updates.
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:14 PM   #264
lily24242424
lily24242424 began at the beginning.

Device: basic kindle 2014
Cool hi

[*]Unplug your USB, open your Kindle's "Experimental Browser" from the top right menu, and navigate to:
Code:
file:///mnt/us/kindlebreak.html
(make sure it's 'file:///', not 'file://')

Thanks for the tutorial, but im also stuck on that part as i can´t even open the experimental browser, i believe it´s blocked due to it being in boot mode? i´m also having the 007 error issue when installing the hotfix in the root. is there a way to finish the jb? im not really good at this, i dont even know what to look for rn... thanks
lily24242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:18 PM   #265
marsxyz
marsxyz began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
The website frome which we need to download jb-kindlebreaker.zip is down.

Do someone has a copy ? Internet does not seem to have any ...
marsxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:54 PM   #266
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@marsxyz: It... isn't. Where are you located?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 01:02 PM   #267
alexbmd

hi

ist true , after jb, ebook can charge up to 94% only?

I charge it all day and only 94%
Old 01-26-2023, 01:20 PM   #268
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
hi

ist true , after jb, ebook can charge up to 94% only?

I charge it all day and only 94%
Nothing to do with jb, your battery state of charge has drifted out of calibration.

Let it run down until you get a low battery warning, then let it charge as high as it wil go. You might have to repeat once.

How old is your kindle, and how heavy is your use? The battery might be worn out. Again, nothing to do with jailbreak.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:02 AM   #269
alexbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post

How old is your kindle, and how heavy is your use?
hi
3 yo
wear - first half year - 1 book at month, then 1 book at year

so?

PS: if this is calibration and it was reset after jb the as I understand its related to jb

Last edited by alexbmd; 01-27-2023 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:44 AM   #270
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
hi
3 yo
wear - first half year - 1 book at month, then 1 book at year

so?
So your battery is probably not worn out and its state of charge has drifted and needs to be recalibrated as I posted above.

Quote:
PS: if this is calibration and it was reset after jb the as I understand its related to jb
Battery state of charge is kept track of by hardware and has nothing to do with jailbreak or OS. It is reset by discharging then fully charging. This applies to just about any device powered by a lithium battery.

The battery and/or the embedded controller on the device have something called a coulomb counter that keeps track of charging power into the battery and discharging power out of the battery. That is used to keep track of the amount of power in the battery. Small errors in this can accumulate over time and the percent charge reported for the battery is not correct and it needs to be recalibrated.

If you are going to continue to assert that jb has any affect on this you need to provide proof.

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak