Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bulk Clear Custom Column Date - Not Working

If I select multiple books, go into Bulk Metadata Edit and click the Clear "<columnname>" Date on a Custom Column of type Date then nothing happens; the dates don't get cleared, even if they are all the same date.

Don't know if it 'worked before' because this is first time I wanted to do it.

Windows 7 & Calibre 0.9.19

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-15-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: clarity
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If I select multiple books, go into Bulk Metadata Edit and click the Clear "<columnname>" Date on a Custom Column of type Date then nothing happens; the dates don't get cleared, even if they are all the same date.

Don't know if it 'worked before' because this is first time I wanted to do it.

Windows 7 & Calibre 0.9.19

BR
Something similar (Rating) has been reported https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=1
It may be that all Custom fields are affected. We will have to wait for Chaley to get back (from wherever)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Did you click the apply changes checkbox next to the field?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@kovid: there are problems when bulk setting several custom column types to None, sometimes when the cells being set contain different values. The problem comes from an optimization that existed before the "apply changes" checkbox was added (a long time ago). I will look at fixing it in a couple of weeks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@theducks - I had look at the rating one, its a problem if the custom column in the selected books have mixed values - OK if their all the same - you can work around by doing a sort by the custom column and do the reset in batches

But that wont work for dates - even though 10 books might show they were proof read on the 2012-12-15, I believe dates are in held in the db as something like the number of femto-seconds since the year dot, so... no two dates are ever the same.

@kovidgoyal, yep, ticked the box - normally it gets ticked automagically, I tried forcing it - sadly to no avail.

@chaley, in your own good time. Let me know if you'd like me to test?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I made the changes. They are available in the current 'trunk' source and will be in the next calibre release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote