Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which film(s) should I watch next?
Die Hard Quadrilogy (all of them in sequence) 3 8.82%
Star Wars Trilogy (non-crappy, before they were remastered versions) 3 8.82%
Alien Quadrilogy (even Ressurrection, which I liked) 0 0%
Escape From New York (call me Snake) 7 20.59%
The Big Lebowski 4 11.76%
Resident Evil Trilogy (because I fancy Mila Jovovich) 0 0%
The Road to.. Movies (7 Bing & Bob Classics) 1 2.94%
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World 3 8.82%
A Ridiculous Amount of Three Stooges shorts (even the ones with Shemp) 1 2.94%
No films, read something you illiterate monkey!!! 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Which Film(s) Should I watch next?

Okay, so I'm in full relax mode after uploading Strange Oddities and I want to watch a film. So I'm going to let you choose it for me.

So, go ahead mobileread, choose my relaxation for the rest of the night.

Last edited by Moejoe; 05-15-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
putney swoope is always a great one
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I went 'escape from new york' as I watched it the other night and revelled in its badness lol
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
What? No option for Hellazpopin' or anything produced by The Archers or the two Dr Phibes movies?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
What? No option for Hellazpopin' or anything produced by The Archers or the two Dr Phibes movies?
Fraid not, I just picked a few random ones from my HD. But I have seen Hellzapopin and the two Dr.Phibes movies
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Fraid not, I just picked a few random ones from my HD. But I have seen Hellzapopin and the two Dr.Phibes movies
And, I trust, at least some of those scripted by Emeric Pressburger (well you didn't mention The Archers).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
And, I trust, at least some of those scripted by Emeric Pressburger (well you didn't mention The Archers).

Of course Pressburger, and a good handful of the Archers produced stuff -

Black Narcissus, The Battle of the River Plate, A Matter of Life and Death, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp... although I only have Black Narcissus on DVD, none of the others. Might have to get hold of them and rip them
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
No Fair! I have a day off and I'm stuck cleaning out the waterfall pond (and the sump pump just got clogged!).

I do have to admit that I love the Die Hard movies. Have you seen the Lara Croft Tomb Raider movies? I think those are fun to watch

Just downloaded your new shorts. Can't wait to dive in! Thanks
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
No Fair! I have a day off and I'm stuck cleaning out the waterfall pond (and the sump pump just got clogged!).

I do have to admit that I love the Die Hard movies. Have you seen the Lara Croft Tomb Raider movies? I think those are fun to watch

I love the Die Hard movies, even the relatively not-so-good new one. And i also enjoy the Tomb Raider movies, although...is that just a male thing with me and watching Angelina Jolie swim about in a wetsuit (I'll have to investigate further by watching those movies again )
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
With this mob of bizarre characters? There can only be one appropriate answer - Massive Dose of Three Stooges.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
With this mob of bizarre characters? There can only be one appropriate answer - Massive Dose of Three Stooges.

"I'm a victim of circumnstance"
Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I love the Die Hard movies, even the relatively not-so-good new one. And i also enjoy the Tomb Raider movies, although...is that just a male thing with me and watching Angelina Jolie swim about in a wetsuit (I'll have to investigate further by watching those movies again )
I'm female and I love watching them. Although it could be that my only child is a son and he has "raised" me to watch all the action flicks.

Now, that he is on his own, I tune in to some of the so-called "chick flicks" every now and again. :sigh: But, I do have to admit that the action / adventure ones are still my first choice.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I'm female and I love watching them. Although it could be that my only child is a son and he has "raised" me to watch all the action flicks.

Now, that he is on his own, I tune in to some of the so-called "chick flicks" every now and again. :sigh: But, I do have to admit that the action / adventure ones are still my first choice.
Nothing better than a good action/thriller I love the 70's one the most, The French Connection, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, The Taking of Pelham 123. And when I'm being someone else I write straight-ahead crime thrillers too
Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I picked Escape to New York, because I like those electric, Chinese guys, and Goldie Hawn and when that big pyramid goes into space at the end and gets all splodey.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

OH! the imagery .....

(btw, I'll get round to this story too - according to my Cy display I'm 1/2 inch through "The Odyssey")
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote