Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Porting Sigil to BQ

Curious, how much work would it be to port Sigil to BQ? Feasable?
As far as I understand it's Qt running on a Debian system.

https://blog.bq.com/es/bq-ereaders-developers-program/

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321781
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil's the interface was not designed for Touch. Screen space would also be a key issue. And I am not sure why an e-reader would even want Sigil on it. Sigil is meant for epub development, not e-reading.

My 2 cents.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I presume touch would be a challenge.

As to why.... Whenever fixing/formatting output from Finereader and proofreading, it would be nice to fix it at the same time as reading/finding the issues.

Not enormously important of course, but if Sigil was available, it would be a major factor when getting the next e-reader.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
As to why.... Whenever fixing/formatting output from Finereader and proofreading, it would be nice to fix it at the same time as reading/finding the issues.
But then Sigil would need to be turned into reading software. It currently can't even reflow text, let alone flow from chapter to chapter. That wouldn't be porting, that would be adding a brand-new reading-feature to Sigil that would need to integrate seamlessly with the editing components.

And even if you left Sigil as is and ported it, you'd have to read in one application and then figure out how to sync Sigil to the same location to be able to make edits in a way that wouldn't drive you mad and bruise your fingertip.

There's no interest on my part.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Best I've done towards editing on a mobile device was unzipping the EPUB and using an HTML editor on the individual files.

But phones are just much too small, and touchscreens were just awful for doing much productive (highlighting, search/replacing, typing tags [especially common symbols like <>]).

Perhaps attaching a mouse+keyboard and/or use a much larger screen (like a tablet), perhaps things might be slightly better.

If anyone knows of a decent HTML editor on Android, let me know.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
patrik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But then Sigil would need to be turned into reading software. It currently can't even reflow text, let alone flow from chapter to chapter.
Ok, I thought maybe just having the preview-windows running would be enough, but as you say, reflow is more than that.

Quote:
There's no interest on my part.
Fair enough. When I read that the BQ was running Qt my curiosity got the better of me.

Maybe a more realistic approach for someone really willing would be to port PageEdit?