Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
matopeto
matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Paperwhite
Kindle weather dashboard

Hi,

I would like to present my "kindle weather dashboard" project

It is simple webpage with actual weather info and forecast.

No jailbreak needed. Just disable screensaver, type URL and plug kindle to power source.

More info on github page: https://github.com/matopeto/kindle-weather-dashboard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	real_devices.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	168649  
matopeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Very nice. I wonder if there's any way to get the web page to display full screen.

On my basic Kindle, the 12:00 AM time goes over two lines, which messes up that bit of the display. Perhaps a small tweak needed?

But I'm impressed - good job.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
matopeto
matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'matopeto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Perhaps you can go to fullscreen with jailbreak and Weblaunch https://github.com/PaulFreund/WebLaunch, but i don't known if it is working

About time on two lines, send me please a screenshot. I will look at it. (I think it is problem with AM/PM identificator, because i don't use it)
Old 12-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Would this work with Kobo Clara HD??
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
matopeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Would this work with Kobo Clara HD??
Hi, i don't known. But if this reader has webbrowser i think it will work. Just try and please tell me how it is working (maybe with screenshot)
Advert
Old 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matopeto View Post
Perhaps you can go to fullscreen with jailbreak and Weblaunch https://github.com/PaulFreund/WebLaunch, but i don't known if it is working

About time on two lines, send me please a screenshot. I will look at it. (I think it is problem with AM/PM identificator, because i don't use it)
Here's the screenshot

Name:	screenshot_2018_12_28T19_30_38+0059.png
Views:	819
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	168654
While I'm being picky, it would be nice if the current temperature also showed the units, or at least had a degree symbol.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
matopeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Here's the screenshot
Attachment 168654
While I'm being picky, it would be nice if the current temperature also showed the units, or at least had a degree symbol.
Thanks for report and suggestions.

There is a problem with AM/PM indicator. I will look at it when i will have some free time. I don't known why it shows in 12h format instead of 24h, because i see, that your kindle is in 24h format. Maybe i force it to 24h. (for AM/PM there is no space)

To the degree symbol. It is removed by purpose, for same "space" reason. There is no space for e.g. "-12" and degree symbol , but maybe i will add it in landscape mode.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It does look nice in landscape mode.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:53 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It also works from local files, if you pre-configure config.js

e.g. If you copy all the files into a folder on the Kindle user drive in a folder "weather", configuring config.js appropriately, then just browsing to

file:///mnt/us/weather/index.html

will give the display. No need for an external server. It looks like once there's a valid config.js file, even the config page works (for switching location, landscape, language, etc.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-30-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #10
matopeto

Quote:
thank you for try. Is jailbreak needed for this?
Old 12-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
thank you for try. Is jailbreak needed for this?
No, just drop the folder on the Kindle when connected to your computer.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #12
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Hi,

I would like to present my "kindle weather dashboard" project

It is simple webpage with actual weather info and forecast.

No jailbreak needed. Just disable screensaver, type URL and plug kindle to power source.

More info on github page: https://github.com/matopeto/kindle-weather-dashboard
Quote:

e.g. If you copy all the files into a folder on the Kindle user drive in a folder "weather", configuring config.js appropriately, then just browsing to

http:///mnt/us/weather/index.html

will give the display. No need for an external server. It looks like once there's a valid config.js file, even the config page works (for switching location, landscape, language, etc.)

Nice. Thanks to both of you.

Just to note the syntax for a local url (on my PW3):

Name:	screenshot_2018_12_30T13_41_16-0500.png
Views:	356
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	168688 24 HR with lang="fr": Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2018_12_30T15_38_07-0500.png
Views:	284
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	168691

Last edited by PoP; 12-30-2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added 'fr' screenshot
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post

Just to note the syntax for a local url (on my PW3):

Silly me! Of course it's file: not http:! Now fixed in my post as well. Sorry!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:02 AM   #14
matopeto

Thank you. I will try local deployment (also on kindle 4) and will update readme.

I also made some fixes:

* Times are always in 24h format
* Fix units symbol if user choose Imperial units

Last edited by matopeto; 12-31-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #15
matopeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post

i see on your screenshot that sunset and sunrise times are off. In current versiou you can set utc offset to match your country and all times will be ok.