Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #31
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@Rogerh Within Preferences, select Status Bar, then look at the Bookmarks Ribbon section and untick for the relevant reading mode.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #32
Rogerh
Rogerh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
@Rogerh Within Preferences, select Status Bar, then look at the Bookmarks Ribbon section and untick for the relevant reading mode.
That worked, not obvious though. Actually, thinking about it, I think it was probably me just being a bit dense!!
Rogerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #33
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
That worked, not obvious though. Actually, thinking about it, I think it was probably me just being a bit dense!!
Nope. It took me ages to find out how to disable it when it first became a feature.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #34
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Librera on ONYX BOOX C67ML

A question, specially for foobnix:

Have you any reports or testing screenshots of Librera working on a ONYX BOOX C67ML?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:12 AM   #35
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Have you any reports or testing screenshots of Librera working on a ONYX BOOX C67ML?
I didn't test on ONYX BOOX C67ML but the app should works like on any android device.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #36
Incanus
Incanus

Question Librera PRO on ONYX BOOX Without Google Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
I didn't test on ONYX BOOX C67ML but the app should works like on any android device.
Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have another question: if I purchased Librera Pro in Google Play , but my ONYX BOOX can't use Google Play, how can I install Librera Pro (or it's future updates) on my ONYX BOOX?

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 02-13-2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Incomplete message
Old 02-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #37
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Quote:
how can I install Librera Pro (or it's future updates) on my ONYX
You can install from this location but without auto updates

https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraReader/releases
Old 02-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #38
Incanus
Incanus

Smile Librera PRO on ONYX BOOX Without Google Play

Quote:
You can install from this location but without auto updates
Fair enough. Thanks for your prompt reply!

Gratefully,

[INCANUS]
Old 02-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #39
foro.carlos
foro.carlos doesn't litterforo.carlos doesn't litter

Device: likebook mimas
Hi. I'm trying the app and i like it so far but it seems that there's no way to disable the horizontak animation when sliding. It looks like I can disable the vertical animation but not the horizontal.
I'm quite use to slide horizontally pages in eink displays.

Is there's a way to disable animations at all?

Could you add the option in future versions ?

I just bought the pro version BTW just for support cause I'm using the beta apk.
Thanks for the good work!
Edited: readability
foro.carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #40
Incanus
Incanus

Question Librera Search on Calibre Metadata

A question, specially for foobnix:

I've already tested OK that Librera can read Calibre ebooks' metadata from .opf files.

Also, Librera can search, sort or filter by ebooks' Genre metadata.

My question is: On what field or custom field (name and type of field) should I store an ebook Genre on Calibre so that Librera will later read it from the ebook .opf file and then use it as Librera ebook Genre metadata?

Is the answer to this on this section of Calibre documentation?

I am not going to use hierarchy Genres neither ‘tree’ Genres, but an ebook will probably have more than one Genre (separated by commas) on Calibre

Last edited by Incanus; 02-19-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Minor typo
Old 02-22-2019, 04:10 AM   #41
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post
Hi. I'm trying the app and i like it so far but it seems that there's no way to disable the horizontak animation when sliding. It looks like I can disable the vertical animation but not the horizontal.
You can disable animation in book mode in the advanced book settings
"Animate page transition (scroll)"

Quote:
My question is: On what field or custom field (name and type of field) should I store an ebook Genre on Calibre so that Librera will later read it from the ebook .opf file and then use it as Librera ebook Genre metadata?
yes, You can add genres using this article
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html
meta tag in metadata.opf will be here
<meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#genre" content="[genres here in calibre style]"/>

it's not possible to add genres by comma separated style in calibre format but if you want I can easily add some custom tag like
<meta name="librera:user_metadata:#genre" content="genre1, genre2"/>

Last edited by foobnix; 02-22-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 AM   #42
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
it's not possible to add genres by comma separated style in calibre format but if you want I can easily add some custom tag like
<meta name="librera:user_metadata:#genre" content="genre1, genre2"/>
Thanks for your prompt reply!

I was given to understand that, regardless of the separation style, the #genre field would be able to store multiple values; on Calibre at least.

If your software can read those values, as many as they were (2 or more) from #genre field from the book's .opf file and then parse to Librera Genre for searching or filter, I'd be much obliged.

On the other hand or alternatively from #genre field instance, Calibre already has a main tags field in its database and they're stored also on the book's .opf file. Does already or could Librera parse that metadata into one of it's own filter o searching fields?

[INCANUS]
Old 02-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #43
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Does already or could Librera parse that metadata into one of it's own filter o searching fields?
Yes, Librera can parse and display correctly "calibre:user_metadata:#genre" so you can use Calibre to manage genres in the books.
Alternatively, I have added to beta "librera:user_metadata:#genre" where you can set genres via "," for example

<meta name="librera:user_metadata:#genre" content="Fantastic, Novel"/>

You can use "librera:user_metadata:#genre" in external metadata.opf or in "meta.xml" inside the epub docs.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #44
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Yes, Librera can parse and display correctly "calibre:user_metadata:#genre" so you can use Calibre to manage genres in the books.
Thanks for your reply.

The question I still have is: will Librera manage multiple values from Calibre's #genre ?

Quote:
Alternatively, I have added to beta "librera:user_metadata:#genre" where you can set genres via "," for example
To use this feature, do I download the beta version here or elsewhere?

[INCANUS]
Old 02-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #45
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
will Librera manage multiple values from Calibre's #genre ?
Yes, it can manage multiple values from Calibre's #genre.
You can download beta by the URL beta.librera.mobi (apk) or install beta from the play market (bt.librera.mobi)