Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
agua102
agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablet w8,android,ipad,prs1,boox92
Lateo Reader - Tresor extension

Good morning.

I´m trying to know something about this propietary reader .No entry in the wikipedia and no matches in the mobileread´s search box.

Its a pdf encrypted or epub ...? No information at all.

Thanks
agua102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by agua102 View Post
Good morning.

I´m trying to know something about this propietary reader .No entry in the wikipedia and no matches in the mobileread´s search box.

Its a pdf encrypted or epub ...? No information at all.

Thanks
According to the web site it is PDF encrypted. ePub was tried but not versatile enough. See http://mediatresor.de/index-en.php

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
From webpage linked above under home menu PDF Instead of ePub item.

Quote:
PDF instead of ePub

We have decided against ePub for several reasons:

ePub can't do complex layouts
ePub is not quotable
needs additional effort to produce
is not really cross-platform
embedding of audio & video is inefficient
no interactive content
DRM is not safe and doesn't work properly
A PDF file is easier to handle and already present in most cases. Time consuming conversions are not necessary.

Our mediaTresor container contains all data in one single file. To add interactive content we have developed our mediaTresor-Script, which is controlled by simple links.

Example-Links:

audio://001 (plays single MP3-File)
video://001 (plays a MP4-Video)
audio://001-30-60 (plays the MP3 starting from second 30 to 60)
To me it reads like a list of the advantages of epub, at least when it comes to reading traditional book content. I don't know that Tresor encryption, which it presumably uses, can be cracked. Sounds like a format to steer well clear of.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:07 AM   #4
agua102
agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablet w8,android,ipad,prs1,boox92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
According to the web site it is PDF encrypted. ePub was tried but not versatile enough. See http://mediatresor.de/index-en.php

Dale
Well I cannt find that encrypted pdf format in the link. Thank you anyway.
agua102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #5
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by agua102 View Post
Well I cannt find that encrypted pdf format in the link. Thank you anyway.
I'm not sure what you are looking for. From the page linked you need to use the home dropdown menu. You select the item "PDF instead of EPub", which gives you the page I quote in my post. The format is proprietary presumably using Tressor encryption. The same container can hold encrypted pdf's for ebooks and other contents. They probably just encrypt the container.

It is a proprietary format and likely undocumented publicly. The name suggests they use Tresor encryption, which I don't think has been cracked.

What are you hoping to find?
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert