Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #1
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Resend Covers To Kindle

There may have been a problem when uploading a large 10k batch of books to my Kindle Oasis 2. It has never happened before but this time around, even after indexing the entire batch is without covers.

I would prefer not to delete them all and doing it again. Is there another way to fix the covers? Tried clicking through metadata menus, and nothing jumped out at me and couldn't find any good information in a web search.

Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
cover thumbnails are uploaded when sending the books. you dont have to delete and redo but you do have to resend, as that is the only way the thumbnails will be generated. Do it with a small subset first to make sure it works.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
I appreciate your fast response! I followed your recommendation with a 14 book series and ensured I was sending AZW3 and not mobi or epub. First time I checked it no covers so I tried it again and went to sleep in case time would help but no luck.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is your calibre installation up-to-date? If so then th only other thing I can think of is that the kindle is not able to handle so many books on it or that one of th ebooks on it is corrupted and causing the indexer to crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #5
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Over the years, I have occasionally wiped my Kindle of all books and then found the books that should be on it and resent them. I have a customized column for WHERE that tells me if the book has been read, underconsideration, onKindle or blank. Then, I have a WANT column that takes a Zero best to Nine not interested approach to how badly I want to read the book.

So, having wiped the kindle of all books, I now query for WHERE:"=onKindle" and then sort into DESCENDING order on the WANT COLUMN. My template for the loading onto the kindle includes putting the WANT rating at the beginning ([3] for example) of the title. Having gotten the books into the right loading order, I select them all and tell them to load up the Kindle, 9's before 8's before 7's etc. I DO have nines, which are almost always manuals. Now, I have NEVER tried loading 10K of books. I think I have topped out at about 400. I run maybe 200 these days.

BUT, whether I sort by book title (I get the zero's that I'm hot to read right off the top, with the titles sorted alphanumerically after that or on add order (having the zero's load last mean they float to the top in that way too), I have a Kindle that is responsive to my faux reading order list.

The reason I go to this bother is that I add books to the Kindle in batches. So I have zero's being added after nine's and sometimes before. If I'm in newest order, I'll have to scroll backwards through tens of pages to see all my zeroes. I usually use that sort order on the Kindle because it comfortably moves the most recently viewed to the top, which might be a mix of a manual or two, some books started that I haven't decided to continue or not, some magazines where I'm bookmarked at the next story to be read and whatever I'm reading right now (Liaden Universe books as it happens).

My big problem? WAAAAAAAAY too many zero's to read while supposedly eating, sleeping and (I assume the Boss might see this) working.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote