Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #106
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Rellwood -see posts 65-70

Create Date is not available on Linux and OSX, i.e. it's only available on Windows.

And on Windows the Create Date is the date/time that a particular instance of a file was created. Below you see what happens when a file is copied, the copy's Created date/time is set to when the copy took place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	155003

AFAIK the create date/time of the files are not stored when they are moved into a ZIP or RAR archive. When I unpack a zip with Windows Explorer or WinRAR the create date of the files in the unpacked folder is the current date/time.

So I would assume when calibre extracts ebook files from a ZIP or RAR the create date/time will be the current date/time - which is effectively the same as calibre's timestamp/Date column.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-15-2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Grammar - I need Language Tools in BB Edit :)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Instead of date created, I'd prefer date modified.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #108
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Instead of date created, I'd prefer date modified.
That's the date the plugin can store now, Jon.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #109
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I cant remember the exact term, but its when Calibre decides that the column is not able to be changed or modified by the user.
Calibre has two column classes - built-in and user-created. The latter are distinguished in Preferences->Add your own columns by the presence of an ionic column icon alongside the Column header name and a '#' preceding the Lookup name.

I have never known calibre to reclassify a column from user-created to built-in or vice-versa. Nor, in the almost five years that I've been active on the MR Calibre forum, have I seen any posts suggesting it happens - until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Are you saying that, if you give the column the name "original_file_path" or "original_file_name", then they are not custom column anymore? No, I didn't know, I've never used a so long name.
@Terisa de Morgan - I've used those exact or very similar lookup names with no problems. See attached screen shot.

I just noticed a glitch, you'll notice the File Date in GFN configuration is empty. But it is set, to #original_file_date/Came From Modified Date. As you can see, the file system modified date is stored in that column. So it's a problem in displaying the current setting for File Date, not in setting the value.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	155004  

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-15-2017 at 08:34 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #110
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Quote:
For knowing which the problem is, I would need a debug log of a session with failed files. Unless I have that, I can do nothing.
I added 21 files of the gutenberg project. I did it several times and the result is different. Typically between 0 and 3 books have missing filenames.
When is was ready to create the log, i got always a correct import. But now I can show one with an incorrect filename.

I imported the 21 books two times to demonstrate both are different. By the way, i did not see any hint in the log. Did you test, if the database update was successful?

The first Import (the first book is incorrect):

Additional I added the same books again (now all are correct):

The log file:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1487204241
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 01-08-01.png
Views:	245
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	155006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 01-10-04.png
Views:	265
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	155007  
Attached Files
File Type: txt debuglog.txt (7.9 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by AnselmD; 02-16-2017 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Inlne images too big - Read the Guidelines
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #111
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I just noticed a glitch, you'll notice the File Date in GFN configuration is empty. But it is set, to #original_file_date/Came From Modified Date. As you can see, the file system modified date is stored in that column. So it's a problem in displaying the current setting for File Date, not in setting the value.
Ok, I'll check it.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #112
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
I imported the 21 books two times to demonstrate both are different. By the way, i did not see any hint in the log. Did you test, if the database update was successful?
Yes, the exception is treated. Anyway, I'm going to add some more logs and I'll update a temporal version, so if you want you can test it and I can see which the problem is.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #113
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

@AnselmDIf you can test the plugin again with this version, I hope the debug can give me more information. I apology for the annoyances.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetFileName.zip (16.9 KB, 207 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #114
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
@AnselmDIf you can test the plugin again with this version, I hope the debug can give me more information. I apology for the annoyances.
Hi @Terisa de morgan,

I imported more epub books, so I can hit the difficulties in one import.

1586 book imported, 202 filenames missing.

Sort after modified date, a gap of 8 books (such "larger gaps" are typical):

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 11-41-16.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	155033

The next gap:

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 11-41-52.png
Views:	259
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	155020

Sort by column #filename

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 11-42-55.png
Views:	256
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	155021

No hint for me in the log:
debuglog.txt

Last edited by AnselmD; 02-16-2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: MOD: Moved images to thumbnails
Old 02-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #115
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Hi @Anselmd, I'll try to check it after work... but resize the pictures before some moderator visits us.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #116
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Checking the logs, it looks like you try to add the same file more than once and the second one fails. I¡ll try to check a similar situation at home.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #117
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Hi @Anselmd, I'll try to check it after work... but resize the pictures before some moderator visits us.
Ok, what is allowed? Size of file or pixels?
Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #118
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
Ok, what is allowed? Size of file or pixels?
From the mobileread posting guidelines
Quote:
Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere.
If you "attach" an image instead of including it directly in the post then the underlying image can be whatever size you want consistent with the maximum file size for the image type shown in the Manage Attachments dialog.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #119
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
From the mobileread posting guidelines
If you "attach" an image instead of including it directly in the post then the underlying image can be whatever size you want consistent with the maximum file size for the image type shown in the Manage Attachments dialog.
Oh, i did it both. I thought Insert an Image is only a reference to the Attached files.

@chaley

Last edited by AnselmD; 02-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #120
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Checking the logs, it looks like you try to add the same file more than once and the second one fails. I¡ll try to check a similar situation at home.
I did it again without duplicates Terisa, it does not make a difference:

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-16 17-02-23.png
Views:	275
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	155038

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin