Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 01:46 AM   #16
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm (kinda) back. I've migrated to BitBucket, while I was doing that I did some cleanup and some minor bugfixes. Version 3.0.0 is posted now.

There's also some new translation strings, so anyone who speaks something other than English please go translate text into other languages.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #17
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version just uploaded, introducing Python 3 compatibility. This version loads in both the released Python2 calibre and the beta Python 3 calibre. It should even function, but it's possible there's code paths not fully exercised.
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 02:50 AM   #18
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New new version just uploaded, fixing an issue with logging on Windows for non-ASCII characters.

Someone tell Microsoft the 1990s called, they want their non-Unicode nonsense back.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:43 AM   #19
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version posted, deals with a nasty Windows bug thanks to Windows not properly supporting Unicode.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #20
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Anyone on Windows using non-English locales trying to view KePub files in the internal viewer, give this package a try and see if it allows viewing the book again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KePub Input.zip (27.4 KB, 217 views)
Advert
Old 05-17-2020, 11:34 AM   #21
carpegodi
carpegodi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
I´d installed the latest kepub input plugin 3.2.7. but I still cannot open single kepub-files with the Calibre-Viewer. David Forrester said something about a problem with my username because I got an "ä" inside??? I have only kepub files in my library. No epubs, mobis whatever,... only kepubs. And non of them is going to work with the calibre-viewer. Please help!

calibre, version 4.16.0

FEHLER: Buch konnte nicht geladen werden: Buch konnte nicht geöffnet werden: C:\Users\Mondträumer\Calibre-Bibliothek\Hao Jingfang\Peking falten (23346)\Peking falten - Hao Jingfang.kepub. "Details anzeigen" anklicken für weitere Informationen.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\ui.py", line 448, in _load_ebook_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\convert_book.py", line 234, in prepare_book
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\convert_book.py", line 191, in do_convert
ConversionFailure: Failed to convert book: C:\Users\Mondträumer\Calibre-Bibliothek\Hao Jingfang\Peking falten (23346)\Peking falten - Hao Jingfang.kepub with error:
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser\_par ser.py:1177: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
InputFormatPlugin: KePub Input running
on C:\Users\Mondträumer\Calibre-Bibliothek\Hao Jingfang\Peking falten (23346)\Peking falten - Hao Jingfang.kepub
KEPUBInput::convert - start
KEPUB appears to be invalid ZIP file, trying a more forgiving ZIP parser
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
Python function terminated unexpectedly
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 15: invalid continuation byte (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 114, in main
File "site.py", line 88, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 189, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 862, in viewer_main
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 855, in render_for_viewer
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 830, in render
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 64, in extract_book
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.kepubin.conversion.kepub_inpu t", line 108, in convert
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 15: invalid continuation byte
carpegodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpegodi View Post
I´d installed the latest kepub input plugin 3.2.7. but I still cannot open single kepub-files with the Calibre-Viewer. David Forrester said something about a problem with my username because I got an "ä" inside???
Have you tried the version in the post right before your's/ It's version 3.2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Anyone on Windows using non-English locales trying to view KePub files in the internal viewer, give this package a try and see if it allows viewing the book again.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #23
carpegodi
carpegodi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you tried the version in the post right before your's/ It's version 3.2.8
No because I am little bit stupid. I don´t know where I shall copy the stuff. As an example I don´t see a conversion-folder to copy the stuff of the conversion folder? ... Could you give me a little bit more details with the installation?
carpegodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #24
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Check the very first post, there's a link to a thread explaining how to install plugins.