Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Converting txt-files to epubs

Hello.

I've read through all the following guides and can't figure out how to set the markdown for my txt-files.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...le-of-contents

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/xpa...xpath-tutorial

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/xpath.html

https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

I've attached one of the files I'm trying to convert. I've tried adding a # in front of every chapter start without results and added the following to my level1 header in the conversion.

Code:
//h:h1
I'm not very well-versed in coding (I understand some of the regular expressions in Calibre)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-11-01 21.41.11.png
Views:	173
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	159749  
Attached Files
File Type: zip VirginiaSnap - Indiana Jones and the Scepter of AmonRa.zip (23.1 KB, 102 views)
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look under txt input in the conversion dialog. Specify the formatting style as markdown
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Does it only change the headings or has it an effect as well on * or other characters like it?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It will cause the entire file to be parsed as markdown.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Try adding two # (like ##) before each section in your text file.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #6
Tanjamuse
Wizard

What special characters is used in markdown? That way I know what to avoid?

I've found this site but is that all?

https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/