Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
royobanen
royobanen began at the beginning.

Device: nook
updating Nook touch simple problem

Hi
i need help for updating my Nook touch simple to 1.2.2
i have firmware 1.2.1 when i try to update it to 1.2.2 , i copied the firmware but after i disconnect the ebook , i dont find the firmware inside , it will be deleted alone ... i tried many times ..
royobanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobanen View Post
Hi
i have firmware 1.2.1 when i try to update it to 1.2.2 , i copied the firmware but after i disconnect the ebook , i dont find the firmware inside , it will be deleted alone ... i tried many times ..
I don't know how helpful I will be, but do you have WiFi on? I think the Nook should auto-update to 1.2.2.

I've moved on to the Plus and the 3, so I can't remember if my Simple Touch auto updated or not. I know I didn't manually update it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobanen View Post
Hi
Unless you are planning to download books by wifi there is no need to update.

Quote:
As of June 29th, 2018, all internet connected devices are upgrading to new security standards, known as Transport Layer Security (TLS). TLS Versions below 1.2 are being phased out, and devices accessing the Internet that are not updated to utilize the required TLS Version will not be able to perform many functions related to Internet connectivity.
If you are going to download ebooks by wifi you will need to do the Manual Download Instructions here.

Be sure to do steps 4&5, My recommendation is to to go into device settings--screen: set the screen timeout to 2 minutes or do the update right before you turn in for the night.
Quote:
5. Your NOOK will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes when it goes into sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates. Once the installation is completed, your NOOK will automatically restart and go to the Lock screen.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote