Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
fncll
Enthusiast
fncll began at the beginning.

Bulk "set author from author sort"

How can I perform the "set author from author sort" action on many titles at once? Thanks!
fncll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
one way would be to use Bulk mode Metadata edit: Search and replace (in REGEX MODE )

Search field: author_sort
Pattern (.*) <finds anything
replace field: authors
replace value: \1 <puts it here

If you have not used (and are comfortable with) Bulk mode S&R, BACKUP YOUR LIBRARY, there is no other way to undo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
Graham Hurst
Graham Hurst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Author_sort -> Author for bulk changes

Hi

I too have been struggling with this, see attached jpg, I thought I was following the instructions but the result looks the same as the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	authorsort.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	162391  
Graham Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad (I think. it should have worked)
(.*) says 0 or 1 of pattern
use
(.) everything
Old 02-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
(.*) is correct as that means any length from 0 or more.

(.) matches exactly one character.

Isn't the screenshot the desired outcome?

The authors will be set to Yumemakura, Baku and Young, Stuart. The original value for authors I assume is Baku Yumemakura and Stuart Young.

The left side shows the original value for author_sort. The right side shows the value that will be stored in authors. In this case, you do want them to be the same.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #6
Graham Hurst

Author sort

Sorry it's not what I'm after, I have hundreds of books where the Author field appears LN, FN but thousands where it is the right way round, what I would like is a function the same as when you edit books individually and can set author from author sort function. The attached image test is what I'm after not what it's actually doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	authorsort.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	162392  
Graham Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hurst View Post
Sorry it's not what I'm after, I have hundreds of books where the Author field appears LN, FN but thousands where it is the right way round, what I would like is a function the same as when you edit books individually and can set author from author sort function. The attached image test is what I'm after not what it's actually doing.
Use the Quality check Plugin
2 parts (stages)
1)Quality Check:Check metadata: <undesired Author comma>

2a) Select all results
2b)Quality Check: Fix: Swap Author...
This sets both properly, as default Author_sort rules dictate
Old 02-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
Graham Hurst

Thumbs up Thank you