Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #1411
Terry Brown
Enthusiast
Terry Brown began at the beginning.

Device: M1 Max Mac Studio, iPad Pro 2018 12.9, iPhone 7
the new beta fixes the problem with displaying help. Thanks!
Terry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #1412
Macondo
Macondo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The error with the help should be fixed in the beta I just uploaded in response to @Terry Brown's report.

The other error is a problem loading the certificates on your computer. I can't tell if they are out of date, or something else. In the past, a lot of the certificate problems are solved by browsing to the site using Microsofts browser. This can update the central store which is what the plugin is using. The other browsers do not do this. This might solve the problem for you.

A search for the error does suggest you might have a certificate that is triggering the problem. But, it also suggests the way this is being handled in the code isn't the best. I'll look at it to try and work out how to solve this. But, try the browser to see if that fixes it.
Certificates are valid (not out of date) and they are in my computer.
Tried wit IE and Edge browsing goodreads, but this didn't helped.
If I find solution somehow I'll post it here. For now there is only hope.

And yes. error with help is fixed. Thank you.

Update 01:
just one more consideration for my previous post and problem.
I am not sure that problem is in my certificate base, because just now, on same computer
I started
calibre portable version 4 which works just fine, and I can link books with gr
(plugins: goodreads 1.4.0 and goodreads_sync 1.14.3),

and started after that
calibre portable version 5 which give me error for authentication with goodreads.
(plugins: goodreads 1.5.1 and goodreads_sync 1.14.7)

I started thinking if my certificate base is corrupted, than calibre portable 4 would not working too?

So, is there a chance to get earlier versions (between 1.4.0 and 1.5.1 for goodreads, and between 1.14.3 and 1.14.7 for goodreads_sync) of those two plugins for calibre portable 5 so I could check if some of them working on my computer.

Update 02:
just checked something, problem is not in plugins, problem is in calibre 5 (from 5.0.1-5.2.0). So, I copied my calibre portable 4 on another location and installed all version calibre portable 5 over that installation and get same error, then I reinstalled calibre portable 4 over that installation (with plugins: goodreads 1.5.1 and goodreads_sync 1.14.7)and everything working fine. So, error should be searching in calibre portable 5.

Last edited by Macondo; 10-15-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added text from next post, which should be deleted
Macondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:27 AM   #1413
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Macondo: From what I can see for reports of the same error in other applications, there is something in the certificate, or something in the cacerts on your machine, that is causing the problem when read under Python 3. My suggestion for using the browser was to see if it worked elsewhere, and Microsoft's browsers can update the system certificates and stores if they are out of date.

There are several suggestions to fix this, but, there are some issues that I haven't sorted out yet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #1414
Macondo
Macondo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
@Macondo: From what I can see for reports of the same error in other applications, there is something in the certificate, or something in the cacerts on your machine, that is causing the problem when read under Python 3. My suggestion for using the browser was to see if it worked elsewhere, and Microsoft's browsers can update the system certificates and stores if they are out of date.

There are several suggestions to fix this, but, there are some issues that I haven't sorted out yet.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
@davidfor, thank you for your help pointing what should be the problem. Till your post, I looked for exact certificate on my computer (goodreads and amazon).
And yes, as I bold it in my quote, problem wasn't in goodreads certificate, it was in other certificates on my computer which causing problem with python 3.
I opened my cert base and started looking in all certificates.
And I found interesting certificates with my NAME_SURNAME_..... but that certificates was with Cyrillic letters and was added from police, health department... when I read my ID, Drivers licence... in my card reader.
So, I don't know what in the certificate causing problem, but as I don't need them anymore I just deleted all those certificates in Cyrillic (and several in Latin but also connected with police and health department), installed v. 5.3.0 and voila everything working as it should.
Macondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #1415
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
It seems to me or with the step to phyton 3 the complement synchronizes faster.
I use it by synchronizing from goodreads to Caliber and when I update my list of read books.
Before, a process bar appeared that was counting pages this time, after the update, it does not appear but the data was loaded very quickly.

Last edited by dunhill; 10-19-2020 at 06:58 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:33 PM   #1416
jduteau
jduteau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've never seen this error before, but when I try to link "Damnation Alley" by Roger Zelazny with ISBN 9780743413176, I get an
ERROR:Unhandled exception with ResponseNotReady:Request-started
as the message. Here is the details:

calibre, version 5.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ResponseNotReady</b>:Request-started

calibre 5.3 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.15.7-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '19.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Mon Aug 31 22:12:52 PDT 2020; root:xnu-6153.141.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.15.7', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 14, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 42, 0) && Overdrive Link* (2, 42, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 458, in search_goodreads_to_link_book
self.search_to_link_books(calibre_books)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 480, in search_to_link_books
goodreads_id_for_isbn = self.grhttp.get_goodreads_id_for_isbn(isbn)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 421, in get_goodreads_id_for_isbn
(response, content) = self._request_get(url, suppress_status='404')
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 178, in _request_get
response, content = h.request(url, method='GET')
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1689, in request
(response, content) = self._request(conn, authority, uri, request_uri, method, body, headers, redirections, cachekey)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1429, in _request
(response, content) = self._conn_request(conn, request_uri, method, body, headers)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1385, in _conn_request
response = conn.getresponse()
File "http/client.py", line 1337, in getresponse
http.client.ResponseNotReady: Request-started
jduteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:17 AM   #1417
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jduteau: Can you try the beta on the previous page? I don't think it will fix your problem, but, I want to check before looking at this to much.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #1418
jduteau
jduteau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yep, same error after installing the beta.

Let me know what else I can do to help you stomp this.
jduteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:28 AM   #1419
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin updates the reading process. There is some way that this value is reflected in a column in Calibre.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:10 AM   #1420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
The plugin updates the reading process. There is some way that this value is reflected in a column in Calibre.
It updates GR from a custom column. The assumption is the column contains the percentage read for the book. You just add a column and then set this as the "Reading percent column" in the configuration.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #1421
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
It updates GR from a custom column. The assumption is the column contains the percentage read for the book. You just add a column and then set this as the "Reading percent column" in the configuration.
Let me see if I got this right.
I create a custom column
Query name: precesses
Column heading: Processes
Type: whole numbers
Number format I put {0: d}% to show the percent sign. (image 1)

Then in the plugin configuration in the reading process column configuration I select #processes (image 2) and restart calibre.
When I synchronize the reading list, the percentage should appear.
But it does not appear, will I need to configure something?
From already thank you very much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	132
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	183069   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	130
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	183070  
Old 10-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #1422
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If I'm not wrong, the progress goes from calibre to goodreads, not the other way.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #1423
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If I'm not wrong, the progress goes from calibre to goodreads, not the other way.
I thought so...
I had tried with integers and decimal numbers and nothing.

Thank you very much
Old 10-29-2020, 08:53 PM   #1424
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Let me see if I got this right.
I create a custom column
Query name: precesses
Column heading: Processes
Type: whole numbers
Number format I put {0: d}% to show the percent sign. (image 1)

Then in the plugin configuration in the reading process column configuration I select #processes (image 2) and restart calibre.
When I synchronize the reading list, the percentage should appear.
But it does not appear, will I need to configure something?
From already thank you very much
The only change I would make to that the process once the configuration is done is:

- Update the progress for the books in calibre.
- Select the books in calibre and use the "Update reading progress" option in the plugins menu.
- Make any changes you want on the dialog (match books to GR, add a comment or edit the progress or rating).
- Press OK to update GR.

And as the Terisa said, it is calibre to GR only. The reason the function exists is that I can fetch the reading progress from my Kobo devices and decided I wanted to update GR with this. I haven't seen a reason to pull the progress from GR, and I don't remember anyone has requesting it.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #1425
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
The only change I would make to that the process once the configuration is done is:

- Update the progress for the books in calibre.
- Select the books in calibre and use the "Update reading progress" option in the plugins menu.
- Make any changes you want on the dialog (match books to GR, add a comment or edit the progress or rating).
- Press OK to update GR.

And as the Terisa said, it is calibre to GR only. The reason the function exists is that I can fetch the reading progress from my Kobo devices and decided I wanted to update GR with this. I haven't seen a reason to pull the progress from GR, and I don't remember anyone has requesting it.
If you could bring any goodreads import information through a configuration, that would be great. To think.

Tags
calibre, goodreads