Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Uncaught IndexSizError

I'm trying to open a book in the server/reader and I keep getting the following error on my Android in chrome, the samsung browser, and through the Webview app on my Android; and on my Windows 7 machine with Pale Moon browser for desktop and Chrome browser for desktop.

Code:
Uncaught IndexSizeError: Failed to 
execute 'setEnd' on 'Range': The 
offset 1 is larger than the node's 
length (0). 
Error at about:srcdoc:12418:23
The traceback gives the following:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
at fn (about:srcdoc:12418:23)
Error: Failed to execute 'setEnd' on 'Range':
The offset 1 is larger than the node's length (0).
Yeah, they are the same. I know. I just thought I'd include them both here as folks always want to know size, type, message, etc.

How do I fix this? I have no clue where to find Range or how to change it. I searched in Sigil but no love. I've tried converting the book to see if it was a formatting problem, etc., but again no love. The book opens fine with the calibre reader (NOT the server reader) and on my kobo, but I'd like to access it on my phone. More, I'd like to know how to fix this issue if it comes up again.

Suggestions? Thanks for your time, folks.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
MizSuz
Connoisseur

Well, I've finished the book, just not with the calibre server. I'm having more problems with the server since I instituted log-in/acct requirements anyway. May have to nix that.

I still have no clue what an Uncaught IndexSizeError is or how to fix it. Hopefully I'll never see it again. I think I may need to reinstall an additional reader, though, as a backup for when the server reader doesn't want to play nicely.
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a strange error, it should be impossible, but...

Open a bug report and attach the book causing it as well as where int he book you were when the error occurred (you can use the URL from the browser URL bar as the location).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
MizSuz
Connoisseur

Does it matter that the problem disappeared when I used the Samsung browser to access the calibre library? It's a bit odd because even when I used the WebViewer app to access the book via calibre server it was throwing the same error. But the Samsung browser doesn't even notice it.

I'm happy to do the bug report as you suggest, if you still wish. Just let me know.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:07 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It definitely points to a problem with the browser, is it only in chrome that the error occurs? Which version of chrome?
Advert
Old 08-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
MizSuz
Connoisseur

Chrome (for Android) v 68.0.3440.91
and
Samsung Internet v 7.2.10.23

I'm even getting it with this book in Webview v3.3.3 when I try to load the book there (in chrome).

I don't have another browser installed on my phone yet. But I'm going to try to install a different one and see how it goes. I thought it might be something that could be addressed in the book itself, but whatever it is I can't find it when I open the book with Sigil, and a regular epub to epub calibre conversion doesn't fix the issue. So, I'm stumped at this point. I'll try it with other browsers and if that doesn't fix it I'll post the bug report as you suggest.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #7
MizSuz
Connoisseur

Well, it threw the same error, and made me log in multiple times, using the Brave browser but not using Firefox. Seems that Firefox is the browser the server reader works best with. I'll post this over on the other thread about the login issues, too.

Let me know if you still want me to upload the book and make a ticket.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:59 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If it is just one book and one browser, I wouldn't worry about it. if it happens with another book then I would like one fo the books to look at.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #9
MizSuz
Connoisseur

Yeah, it just happened with another book in the Firefox browser on my Android. I'll make a bug report about it either later today or sometime this week. I never had these issues before I instituted accounts, so I'm thinking I may first turn accounts off and see if the problems go away.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:32 PM   #10
MizSuz
Connoisseur

I turned off accounts in the server and all the errors disappeared in every browser I have. I specifically pulled up the two books I was getting that Uncaught IndexSizeError on and it's disappeared. Desktop and mobile, Pale Moon, Firefox, Samsung, Chrome. Poof! No more problems when log-in isn't required.