Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Kindle for iPad: random books missing covers

Hey folks,
I just noticed the strangest thing: while K4iOS has always faithfully shown the covers of my personal documents, last night when I started the app, several covers disappeared right before my eyes (and deleting and reloading these items, whether after restarting the app does nothing) and I noticed several others suddenly missing.
The thing is: I previously converted five issues of a journal from epub and sent them via email, three kept their covers, two disappeared, so I think it has nothing to do with the books. On top of that, the same books show their covers on the iPhone, so I suspect deregistering, reinstalling and redownloading might solve the problem.
But, before I do that, has anyone noticed anything similar and maybe discovered a way to solve this hiccup in the system?
Kindly,
johnny
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
pvs
pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini
Yes, I've noticed this problem as well. Here is email I sent to Amazon. Haven't received reply yet.

1. Which application are you using (e.g. Kindle for PC, Kindle for Android, etc.)?

Kindle 4.12 app on ipad mini

2. Please describe the problem, including any error message that you see.

I noticed with latest update to Kindle 4.12 version, any new side-loaded documents through itunes would temporary show book cover thumbnails. After opening and closing the mobi files the artwork would disappear. Old mobis were still showing artwork. But when I opened and closed the old side-loaded mobi files then those covers would disappear as well. (they just show grey blank covers)

3. Please describe any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

I deleted app from ipad and re-synced app fresh to ipad from itunes. Now all side-loaded mobis I add to documents don't show book thumbnails, but the mobi will otherwise open fine.
pvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
mamobae
mamobae began at the beginning.

Device: Paper white, iPad, iPhone, iPod
Ive been looking for a discussion on this topic! I can't find any rhyme nor reason why sometimes the covers show or other times they don't. I usually update my covers via Calibre but not always and send them via kindle for PC software as mobi's. I've noticed Kindle has been converting them into azw. I use several devices and the covers DO show on my paper white but it's on the app for iOS and I will read between my iPad / iPhone & iPod regularly.
mamobae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Definitely seems to be a Kindle app bug. More discussion here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265785
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
pvs
pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini
Covers on side-loaded mobi documents through iTunes still broken on Kindle 4.12.1 update. A couple work on my ipad mini for some reason, but majority don't appear anymore. All of my side-loaded mobis always showed covers before Kindle 4.12. I'm really thinking it's time to ditch this software. Haven't received any reply to my email to amazon.
pvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2016, 04:41 AM   #6
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
Check my workaround solution for this bug: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3344395
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote