Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Harper's BookBliss

From a Harper Highlights newsletter:

'Sign up to the new BookBliss newsletter and you'll find out about our daily new e-book deals, with most under $5! You'll also be the first to hear about exclusives and special offers, so sign up today — it's free and you can unsubscribe at any time.'

They maintain that there can a saving of up to 80% on ebooks - and that most deals are under $5.

Example books given:
The Alchemist - Paul Coelho
Disruption - Jessica Shirvington
Magonia - Maria Dahvana Headley
You're the Kind of Girl I write songs about - Daniel Herborn

BookBliss newsletter url: http://www.harpercollins.com.au/bookbliss

I'm not sure that $4.99 is a bargain for any/all the books they put forward, you'd need to check other book sellers for each book that you're interested in I guess.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 06-17-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I wonder if this is for Australia only. I can't find a US version.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I wonder if this is for Australia only. I can't find a US version.
Yes. It's a promo HarperCollins Australia launched on June 11th.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes. It's a promo HarperCollins Australia launched on June 11th.
Thanks. So Australia can now actually get a deal on ebooks instead of being screwed?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
HarperCollins has a similar newsletter for US residents. PM me your email address and I'll forward you today's deals. You can then decide or not to subscribe.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hadn't realised that this was an Aus only deal ..... but it does explain why Harper thought that ebooks for $4.99 was cheap, because they wold never be considered cheap at that price in the US!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I hadn't realised that this was an Aus only deal ..... but it does explain why Harper thought that ebooks for $4.99 was cheap, because they wold never be considered cheap at that price in the US!
I, like you, do not consider $4.99 a bargain, unless it was for a very special ebook. However, according to xe.com, which gives current exchange rates of different currencies, 4.99 AUD = 3.88727 USD. $3.89 is a little better than $4.99.

What I want to know is how Australia, originally (for the white man, I know that there were and are aboriginals) a British colony, ended up with dollars as their unit of currency, not pounds. ha.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-18-2015 at 07:56 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
HarperCollins has a similar newsletter for US residents. PM me your email address and I'll forward you today's deals. You can then decide or not to subscribe.
PM sent
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I, like you, do not consider $4.99 a bargain, unless it was for a very special ebook. However, according to xe.com, which gives current exchange rates of different currencies, 4.99 AUD = 3.88727 USD. $3.89 is a little better than $4.99.

What I want to know is how Australia, originally (for the white man, I know that there were and are aboriginals) a British colony, ended up with dollars as their unit of currency, not pounds. ha.
Ummm, the US was also a British colony, and you chose your own currency .......

I might add that the original currency was Rum!
Old 06-19-2015, 04:57 AM   #10
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

Here ya go. Historically speaking, it's not too different from how the US "dollar" got its name.

http://www.aussie-info.com/tourist/money2.php

And, the word "dollar" itself.

http://projects.exeter.ac.uk/RDavies/arian/dollar.html

Last edited by cromag; 06-19-2015 at 05:01 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Australia used Pounds, Shillings and Pence as its currency until 1966, when it changed to dollars, on the basis of 10s = AUD1. ie £1 = $2. It therefore pre-dated the UK in switching to a decimal currency system by 5 years.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:26 AM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

And back on topic, I'm sure Harpers would have a book or two on the subject of currency.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #13
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
And back on topic, I'm sure Harpers would have a book or two on the subject of currency.
For which they will charge you a fair bit of currency...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Well, my observation of the prices of the ebooks being offered the Daily Bookbliss email is that they are at the 'usual' price and not at a 'special' price for the purposes of promotion.

On another matter ...... if anyone knows the other Harper BookBliss urls then perhaps they could post them in this thread so that they can all be kept together (fore ease of reference and searchability) .....
Old 06-25-2015, 05:44 AM   #15
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Well, my observation of the prices of the ebooks being offered the Daily Bookbliss email is that they are at the 'usual' price and not at a 'special' price for the purposes of promotion.

On another matter ...... if anyone knows the other Harper BookBliss urls then perhaps they could post them in this thread so that they can all be kept together (fore ease of reference and searchability) .....
Every price is special...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote