Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #27826
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Nothing odd about it. You are both online, and corresponding in real time. Email must take multiple hops between you to reach its destination, and is at the mercy of conditions along the way. I'd expect it to be slower.
______
Dennis
Odd? It was great. Both on line and in realtime. A great correspondence. Mercy. (Frenchy for thank you) Next time I'll try to be slower.
Dennis you are super helpful. Now just gives us Jon email so that we can tell him what you have done for him. Thank you. Rather, mercy.

Must have been what I had for dinner.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #27827
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

I am a fully registered and certified idiot!

It too takes talent.

Cheers
You have used that already once, on me. I have to K you now.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #27828
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Does anybody have an email address for the target of this little project? It would be nice if he could be invited to show up!
I did say he does not have a computer. Do you get an email address with a Kindle?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #27829
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I did say he does not have a computer. Do you get an email address with a Kindle?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59537
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #27830
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Does anybody have an email address for the target of this little project? It would be nice if he could be invited to show up!
he lurks so hopefully he will catch it. you might want to start a thread; "Recluse look here!" or something. I hope he will catch it, he may have just washed his hands of it all, but I kind of doubt it.

Quote:
yes ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #27831
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
That's not an address that helps. It only receives .mobi files. He could get a gmail account even without having a computer. But he might not know that until he reads this and takes the suggestion. Hint!

It was suggested that I not make too big a deal about this, and re-generate the arguments again about one hundred third chances. However, since he posted his cry of woe poem in here (this thread) I will hope that he continues reading for a while. Heads up Recluse! We're talkin to you here!!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 02-18-2011 at 10:18 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #27832
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Then again -- gmail.com refuses to give my iPad a "make new account" button. It wants me to go to my computer. Hold on and I'll try the same thing on my Kindle 2.

Less than perfect luck. I couldn't create an account on the Kindle. But I think you could access one from there. Back on my computer, I tried to create an account using the screen name of our target and it's already taken. On a hunch, I'm going to email and see if it's the same recluse. If he already has an account, we'd be set.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 02-18-2011 at 11:07 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #27833
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Then again -- gmail.com refuses to give my iPad a "make new account" button. It wants me to go to my computer. Hold on and I'll try the same thing on my Kindle 2.

Less than perfect luck. I couldn't create an account on the Kindle. But I think you could access one from there. Back on my computer, I tried to create an account using the screen name of our target and it's already taken. On a hunch, I'm going to email and see if it's the same recluse. If he already has an account, we'd be set.
I think his kindle was a gift and may have a different name than recluse. but, as you have said, we shall see
Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 AM   #27834
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I'm joining in as well. Just have to figure this google- group out. I have already two gmail- accounts.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #27835
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I have just noticed that some of my MR friends have been unticked as a friend in my list. Have I done something wrong?

Anyway I reticked them all and it appears to have sent requests. If you actually decided to disfriend me, and you receive a request, don't worry just dismiss the request.

I hope I didn't piss anyone off!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #27836
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Dennis, thank you so much for explaining. That has been very thoughtful and I am sure that we all appreciate your sharing the details. If i had been a member of the Moderating Team, I don't know if I would have been capable of resisting the impulse to withhold my agreement. But posting this is just an impulse.
I also appreciate this thougtfulness of the moderators; and perhaps I'm a fool in believing there has to be something good in all people. That idea helped me through some bad situations, but it's personal, I guess.
Also a bit naive perhaps, this believe in the good thing in every person, but I've been proved more times right than wrong. Also; I've been given a few chances myself.
This posting is also an impulse.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #27837
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I also appreciate this thougtfulness of the moderators; and perhaps I'm a fool in believing there has to be something good in all people. That idea helped me through some bad situations, but it's personal, I guess.
Also a bit naive perhaps, this believe in the good thing in every person, but I've been proved more times right than wrong. Also; I've been given a few chances myself.
This posting is also an impulse.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ditto from me.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #27838
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
While I felt very sad that Recluse had to be banned, I have to admit that I personally and egoistically also felt relieved. I am not equipped to deal with this kind of personality, and I admired members who seemed to have bottomless resources of patience and understanding for him. I wish it had been enough to help him at least behave in a way that would make him an acceptable member of this community, but sadly it didn't. He made enormous demands from all of us and received a lot, but he was unable to give back. I know it's not his fault, but it's not fair to impose this on a whole community.

We are not a support group. We all come here for our own purposes, but I think most of us expect to find a friendly and relaxed atmosphere here. I wish everybody had been able to understand Jon's problems and ignore his most offensive posts. I tried to, and mostly succeeded after a first reaction of anger. But it's understandable that other members could not do that, and it wouldn't be fair to ignore their pain.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #27839
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
I have just noticed that some of my MR friends have been unticked as a friend in my list. Have I done something wrong?

Anyway I reticked them all and it appears to have sent requests. If you actually decided to disfriend me, and you receive a request, don't worry just dismiss the request.

I hope I didn't piss anyone off!
I was wondering why I had gotten another friend request from you! I thought we had done that ages ago!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #27840
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Time is no one's friend.

(reading a thread about "what is time" on another forum)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?