Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Yeah, I found a download link on cnet that had it. Otherwise I was going to head on over to the WayBack machine
There are lots of older readers out there. Memoware is a site that contains a lot of free eBooks for older readers. You biggest problem is the 64 Meg of RAM. If possible you should try and update that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Yes I will if possible, not sure if it is though as it happens to be a touchscreen device and as such has little room for improvement
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Yes I will if possible, not sure if it is though as it happens to be a touchscreen device and as such has little room for improvement
Wow, I wasn't aware of any touchscreen support in any of the machines running this older os. What brand and model is it? You might have a museum piece.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #19
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Costed $9,000 new, it was custom made by WDS for Ford Motor Company. IIRC
Old 05-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #20
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Wow, I wasn't aware of any touchscreen support in any of the machines running this older os. What brand and model is it? You might have a museum piece.

Dale
I've got an old Win98 sub-notebook from Fujitsu that's about 14-15 years old that has a touch screen (pressure sensitive). It was a sweet machine in its day at about 2lbs with an 800x600 screen and a "massive" 4gig HD. It's topped out at 96meg RAM. It still runs (at least the last time I turned it on) and never once failed during the several years that I put it to regular daily use.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #21
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

^Very nice, I just checked and actually mine has 32MB of RAM how thick is yours?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #22
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Mine is running 95 BTW