Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
Can no longer convert to epub.

I am trying to convert some stories to epub from zip files.

These stories originated on Fanfiction.net and were downloaded from there with Deffnetizer. It creates an index file (toc) and an html file for each chapter. I usually import the index file, and it pulls the rest of the files into Calibre as a zip file.

Today I tried to do this, when converting, I get an error message, "Failed to convert book "1 of 2" (title)."

I have saved the error file and have attached it.

I'm running Windows 7 SB1, Calibre 0.8.44.

Thanks,
Joyslin
Attached Files
File Type: txt Error text.txt (61.5 KB, 199 views)
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Turn off heuristics in the conversion dialog when converting that book. Or more precisely, use a different expression for the replace scene breaks setting.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-27-2012 at 11:55 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm6383 View Post
I am trying to convert some stories to epub from zip files.

These stories originated on Fanfiction.net and were downloaded from there with Deffnetizer. It creates an index file (toc) and an html file for each chapter. I usually import the index file, and it pulls the rest of the files into Calibre as a zip file.

Today I tried to do this, when converting, I get an error message, "Failed to convert book "1 of 2" (title)."

I have saved the error file and have attached it.

I'm running Windows 7 SB1, Calibre 0.8.44.

Thanks,
Joyslin
UnicodeEncodeError: 'decimal' codec can't encode character u'\u201d' in position 10: invalid decimal Unicode string

You have some sort of repetitive occurrence of a (bad) character that appears in most of the HTML files I am not sure if position is the 10th character on line 1
or it is on Line 10 of each file listed , but in either case, there is something bad in the head block of each file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
If the stories are still posted on fanfiction.net, you can use FanFictionDownloader to download it in one of 14 formats, including ePub.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Turn off heuristics in the conversion dialog when converting that book. Or more precisely, use a different expression for the replace scene breaks setting.
Thank you,

I'll do that.

Joyslin
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert