Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
themechaniac
Before PC and onward !
themechaniac doesn't litterthemechaniac doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox+ Itouch +Acer A500 + Acer Aspire One
Arrow Interesting button combinations

I have noticed if one presses the on button while holding volume up till green light comes on. Then release on button keep holding volume up and when the icons light up hold middle menu icon down. The screen will give you a read out of what the system is doing. Eg. It will show different processes running with a external SD card and update zip file than no card inserted.
Also booting with just on button and hold down lighted menu icon only "Safe Mode" lights up on bottom of the screen.
Some one mentioned that if one does the same button icon combo with the Vox connected to a P.C. by USB cable a internal file called SD card will pop up and can be written to. This is not the system itself but the system will read a signed update zip from it. Much like the external SD card. ( I have not tried the internal route yet !!!,)

When booting with the volume key held down you will wipe data. It would be nice to have a backup. So far disassemble or adb seems the only way!!! Either way is not easy for novice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120316_112935.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	84386  
themechaniac is offline   Reply With Quote