Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
goodspeech
Edge User

Native calendar and google sync

I typically only use my google calendar but decided to use the native calendar for a separate task. The items I am placing on the calendar are showing up on my google calendar. I have set the native calendar to sync. if that is turned off, the items in the edge calendar are not visible but are still visible in google.
To my knowledge I didn't think that the edge calendar could sync with google. So, my question is how do I get my google calendar onto the edge or is this some sort of tease?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Dr. T
Edge User

You can use the new Ermine calendar app and set it up to sync with google. You use the "corporate" setting in the calendar app, and just fill in your information.

Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
jmss70
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
You can use the new Ermine calendar app and set it up to sync with google. You use the "corporate" setting in the calendar app, and just fill in your information.
Hi:

I configured the corporate account and doesn't get the google calendar. It exports perfectly, but doesn't get what I created in google.

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
larka2006
Edge User

Please, can you elaborate on how to set up sync with Google calendar through corporate account. I tried through Google or MS Exchange server - cannot connect, but I can get emails from all accounts in MailDroid, no MS exchange in K9 or Fryo, but gmail and private IMAP server work in all 3 mail clients in Dingo and Ermine on PE.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Dr. T
Edge User

Check out this area of the Ermine thread. You should find most of your answers there.

Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
larka2006
Edge User

Thank you Dr. T, I tried that already, still cannot get contacts or calendar to sync. Maybe because I have multiple calendars on google account (I have not use it that much, ideally I like to sync to MS exchange, but thought Google might be easier to start...

Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Dr. T
Edge User

As I understand it, only the "main" google calendar will sync. Others may have a better idea, though.