Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Sgp vintage leather case, stylish but smart and protective.
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
The Speck Dust Jacket case, which I purchased at Target, is perfect for me. It protects the iPad when not in use, and also has an adjustable stand. This case may not be perfect for everyone, though, since it is a bit bulky.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
the design is such that it is a pain to keep removing your ipad too often
That's certainly true, but why do you need to remove the iPad from it? My iPad hasn't been out of the case since the day I bought it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
I have a red faux-lether case by PDAir that closes by using magnets. For me it’s simply perfect!

http://pdair.com/catalog/product_inf...ducts_id=30203
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I bought an Oberon case for mine. Love the case - gorgeous! However, it makes the iPad too bulky. Plus, the iPad lays (lies) at a funny angle when I try to read it in portrait mode (which I do when I'm looking at papers for school).

So, now I have the modulR case. Very simple with a snap-on cover to protect the glass front. Nice and light ... and no odd tilt...

I'm keeping the Oberon 'cause I just love it. I may put the iPad back in it after school's out ... it's just that pretty.

Huh. A snap-on cover for both the iPad and my Pocketbook 360. I may have started a trend for myself!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #21
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
One thing I am looking for...and maybe you can provide suggestions..

At work I would like a portfolio with paper, pen and a spot to insert my ipade with the Apple neoprene cover in
I dont want to have to pull out the iPad from the Apple cover
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
I've got 2 cases a "leather" folio type and the Apple case. I find I like the Apple case better as it is a really snug fit and doesn't need Velcro or anything to make sure the IPad stays in. As pretty much admits it is a dirt magnet though.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
Rob_E
Connoisseur
Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: iPod Touch/iPad
I didn't want a case that the iPad "lived" in originally. All those folio cases look nice and fairly protective, but they also seem to add a lot of bulk. Instead I got a screen protector and a Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve. The Bubble Sleeve, which isn't really a sleeve, it's a fold-open, zip-up case, is pretty nice. It's sturdy, and when my iPad is in it, I can just pack the case into anything else and feel pretty safe about it. But then when I'm using the iPad, it's not in a case at all, or else it's just lying loose in the open Hard Candy case. That didn't bother until I found a nice scratch on the aluminum of the iPad, and I have no idea how it got there, so I decided that I might need some more permanent protection.

I got the Macally Metrolpad which puts a plastic cover over the back and a silicon edge around the sides and corners. It doesn't add much too the iPad. It makes it a little thicker, but also makes it lay flat, which is nice. Combined with the screen protector, the iPad seems pretty well protected. If I drop it on its screen, it's probably done for, but I guess that almost any case has to leave the screen a little vulnerable.

With the Metrolpad, the iPad still fits in the Hard Candy case, but it's a tighter fit. Although I have since bought a vertical messenger bag that has a padded "netbook" slot just big enough to hold the iPad + Metrolpad, but not quite big enough to hold the Bubble Sleeve, too. Since the pocket is padded, I'm not too worried about it. I still use the Bubble Sleeve when the iPad is travelling outside of the messenger bag, but that's not very often.

I like the idea of having some sort of stand, and I know a lot of cases double as a stand, but right now I'm happy with the more minimalist Macally case, that mostly keeps the iPad's small form factor. I will probably look for a separate stand for those times that I want one, so I can keep the iPad slim.
Rob_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #24
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
After getting my iPad, I bought the MEdge Method Portfolio. Unfortunately it's just too big; it's actually a zip closure organizer. I then bought the MEdge Executive Jacket. This is the same one I had for my Sony 700. it has the same two botom pockets for the corners to sit in and the elastic bands at the top corners. I don't find that the bands interfere with the on/off button, nor the screen lock switch. I don't have to open the case to recharge the battery as it's right in the middle.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #25
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I bought a black Speck CandyShell. I wanted something I could leave on it all the time, but still use when dropping it into the keyboard dock, which the CandyShell let's me do with the little flap on the back.

I'll likely get a leather(ette) "folder"-like case, probably zip-up, for traveling, but one that's easy to slip the iPad with Candyshell in and out of.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #26
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
This modular system looks interesting. I like the strap concept. Dunno whether it's any good, though.

http://www.modulrcase.com/store/star...html?ref=email
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #27
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I didn't like the idea of having to take off a separate piece of the Modulr case, to get to the screen. I don't want to have to keep track of multiple pieces. I prefer a connected flap of some kind. But that's just me.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #28
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I didn't like the idea of having to take off a separate piece of the Modulr case, to get to the screen. I don't want to have to keep track of multiple pieces. I prefer a connected flap of some kind. But that's just me.
My current cover covers just the back, and I'm happy with that. I'm interested in the two straps offered by Modulr, but I haven't read reviews. I'll get around to that. I figure it's new, so no rush.

I don't care for a flap, but everyone's preferences vary. I just slip my iPad into a padded case that's meant for a notebook. I use it as a sleeve.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #29
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
I originally bought the Tuff Luv Rouge for Charity case, but then bought the excellent Otterbox Defender which I've used ever since. It maybe heavy and bulky but the peace of mind can't be beaten.
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #30
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
I was looking for a case that both zipped to protect the iPad from the "elements" in my bag, and also had a built-in stand. This one from Sena:

http://www.senacases.com/apple/apple...zipbook-cases/

works perfectly for that purpose. The leather is very elegant and soft, but is non-distinctive enough that I don't feel like I'm a thief magnet.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, ipad, protection