Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #121
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Hi,
I seem not to be able to istall FBreader180 on my brand new 302 it gives me "Cannot Start Program" as an error message. The Firmware in use is the 15.1. Can anyone help me? Please? (Note: I did manage to install it successfully on the 360, so I don't quite understand what's happening...)
EDIT: BAD, BAD BOOKSTER who didn't compile properly config file. One space too many I guess it's my css-compiler reflex. So, I hope at least this happy end could make reference: NO SPACES.

Last edited by Bookster; 05-18-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: found solution!
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #122
macharya
macharya began at the beginning.

Device: PB 360
Thanks.. i'm a new owner and this thread helped me install the fbreader and also figure out how to get the page turn working.. i like the options with this program!!
macharya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #123
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I still can't get the page turn to work properly, but I've given up. The rest of the features are working great. It's a great addition to a great reader.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #124
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I still can't get the page turn to work properly, but I've given up. The rest of the features are working great. It's a great addition to a great reader.
IM, did you recalibrate your g-sensor?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #125
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
IM, did you recalibrate your g-sensor?
Yes, I recalibrated, and went through all the steps mentioned in this thread. It does work for about 1 minute then it stops working. A button press doesn't start it up again. The only thing that does start it up again is going back through the settings, but then it stops again within a minute of use.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #126
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Yes, I recalibrated, and went through all the steps mentioned in this thread. It does work for about 1 minute then it stops working. A button press doesn't start it up again. The only thing that does start it up again is going back through the settings, but then it stops again within a minute of use.
That sounds not so good. Does the g-sensor work fine otherwise? Maybe our technician should check your device?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #127
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
That sounds not so good. Does the g-sensor work fine otherwise? Maybe our technician should check your device?
The g-sensor works fine otherwise. Admittedly, I don't have it on most of the time, but when I do, it flips within seconds, every time. Definitely not worth the hassle of sending it from Australia to the US for a check up
Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #128
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I have a similar problem with my PB 360. The G-sensor responds fine when it works, but it doesn't work 100% of the time and it eventually "switches off". However, since I don't use the G-sensor too much and the page flipping thing is not for me, I don't think it's necessary to run through the hassle either.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #129
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
My g-sensor sometimes seems "to fall asleep". I can turn dozens of pages in FRBReader by turning my wrist. Suddenly it's not working anymore and I have to page forward manually. Not a huge distraction or even a problem. But pretty repetitive and obvious...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #130
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question: I'm re-trying to make the Spanish translation for FBReader. Once finished, how can I implement it?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #131
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Question: I'm re-trying to make the Spanish translation for FBReader. Once finished, how can I implement it?
Just paste in system/language. And thanks for your work.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #132
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Just paste in system/language. And thanks for your work.
Mmmm... That worked for the firmware translation. Does it work in the same way for the FBReader software?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #133
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Mmmm... That worked for the firmware translation. Does it work in the same way for the FBReader software?
Oops, no, Sorry, my mistake. Please mail or pm graynm for that. He will integrate your translation. Brainfried today, I'm afraid!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #134
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
if you download the GrayNM version there are directories inside archive with some translations, just put your translation next to the other ones.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #135
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
Logseman
See read_en.txt:
"If you want to help with localization to other languages take system/share/FBReader/resources/en.xml as a base.
Not all items there are used, you need to translate only: config, style, edit_style, edit_style_values, misc and genres(optional).
If you send translated file to me I will include it in distribution: graynm76@gmail.com"
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote