Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Success!

Today I got my alpine white Pocket Pro! It's charging but I was playing around with it charged and I am more and more confident I made the right decision.

One quick question, when I try to adjust the time and date for some reason when I type 01.26.2010 it goes to 01.12.2010 and on bottom (where the dates show, it still says 1/1) anyone else have this problem?

-Dan
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
Today I got my alpine white Pocket Pro! It's charging but I was playing around with it charged and I am more and more confident I made the right decision.

One quick question, when I try to adjust the time and date for some reason when I type 01.26.2010 it goes to 01.12.2010 and on bottom (where the dates show, it still says 1/1) anyone else have this problem?

-Dan
DD MM YYYY
not MM DD YYYY

Time is 24 Hr notation 6PM is 18:00

Turn the PEz off and you get to set it again
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Doh!

When you say turn it off does that include locking the keyboard? (quick hit of the power button)
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
You don't have to turn it off. Just finish and press the menu button again. Then go back into Time and Date under settings to correct your mistakes.

Took me about 10 minutes to realize it's DD/MM/YYYY not MM/DD/YYYY. Should have figured that since it was not made in the U.S.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Doh!

When you say turn it off does that include locking the keyboard? (quick hit of the power button)
Turn off PEz, turns off the clock.

Lock the keyboard, leaves the clock ON
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:30 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ah the 1/1 happens to be the "current page number"/"number of pages", so if you had more than 8 files in the current directory it would show 1/2 (pages 1 of 2). The status bar only displays the clock not the date.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Ah the 1/1 happens to be the "current page number"/"number of pages", so if you had more than 8 files in the current directory it would show 1/2 (pages 1 of 2). The status bar only displays the clock not the date.
But the date also has to be correct for library checkout from your Public library to work.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Dan, your decision was a good one

Quote:

-Dan
Dear Dan:

It took me a while also in setting the clock. I did post what I suggest on the FAQ sheet on www.theEZreader.com under "support". It should be up by now. I think the other posts have answered your question of setting the clock.

I just wanted to post and say we are very happy to have you on our Dedicated Astak forum and as a Pocket PRO lover. It is a great device and will only get better!

Do read the FAQ sheet as it is designedto help when you get the devices.

Welcome!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
But the date also has to be correct for library checkout from your Public library to work.
Interesting. So until the recent firmware that contains a clock, we wouldn't have been able to borrow books. I never suspected that. I guess I assumed that borrowing stuff for x days, was measured as elapsed time, not based on real time.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Interesting. So until the recent firmware that contains a clock, we wouldn't have been able to borrow books. I never suspected that. I guess I assumed that borrowing stuff for x days, was measured as elapsed time, not based on real time.
Actually it did work before but now it can get tricky since if you turn off your device you may seem to have an eBook checked out that goes back in time, which would look like date tampering.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote