Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #31
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you for letting us know, Zelda. Patricia's kindness and intelligence shone through and she'll be greatly missed. She was a huge asset to MR and epitomised how a Mod should be. Deepest sympathy to her family and friends.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #32
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs to her partner and family. I do believe her presence will always be felt here.
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
This is the saddest news. Patricia was a major factor in this great forum and a wonderful person.

I remember, right after I joined, wondering why there wasn't a copy of Under Milkwood in the list of free downloads so, since Patricia lived in Wales, I sent her a PM asking about it and, about two hours later, there it was!

She will be sorely missed.

I would even suggest we name the eBook Uploads section after her.

And Zelda, thanks you for your eloquent announcement.

Last edited by MickeyC; 09-05-2010 at 06:54 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #34
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
So sorry to read this news. My condolences to everyone who knew and loved her.

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My deepest sympathies.

"Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out ..."
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #36
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
I concurr. She was the greatest contributor for the section, so it'd be great if her job can be recognized with that gesture.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #37
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
This is the saddest news. Patricia was a major factor in this great forum and a wonderful person.

I remember, right after I joined, wondering why there wasn't a copy of Under Milkwood in the list of free downloads so, since Patricia lived in Wales, I sent her a PM asking about it and, about two hours later, there it was!

She will be sorely missed.

And Zelda, thanks you for your eloquent announcement.
What a great suggestion, Mike! If not a complete rename, at least a memoriam placed on the main page letting people know of her selflessness and dedication to the members here.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #38
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #39
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
RIP

I didnt know you well

but you will be sorely missed

thanks to Zelda for passing the sad news

love and hugs
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #40
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We are all diminished by her passing. She was the gentle soul of MobileRead. Whenever there was a difficult decision to be made, she was the one we could all count upon to be a voice of reason and compassion. I will sorely miss her spirit.

Thanks for the Thousand Nights and a Night, both your posting and your. Own presence here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #41
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Thank you, Zelda, for passing the message.
We will miss you, Patricia.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #42
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow RIP Patricia, you will be greatly missed. My condolonces to all of her loved ones. MR was a better place with her around.

I think that Cassidy's idea is a great one. Zelda, do you happen to know if she or her loved ones have any special requests in lieu of flowers? I believe she did some non-profit work, I'd like to donate if there was a request.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #43
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Goodbye Patricia...

This is truly sad news. Patrica was a pillar of our community and she will be deeply missed.

She will be remembered as a willing contributor who tirelessly gave of herself for the benefit of all of us. Her accomplishments were great, but her humility was greater. A truly remarkable person! I wish we could all follow in her footsteps, for we would be better for it!

My condolences to her immediate family as well as her online family (ZP and other MR members she became close with).

Goodbye... RIP, Patricia!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-05-2010 at 08:34 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #44
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
On the subject of death and dying, the Welsh poet Dillon Thomas wrote Do not go gentle into that good night; Rage, he said,Rage against the dying light but do not go gentle into that good night

Well if he was writing those words for our Patricia, he might as well have saved the ink. I got the strong impression that Patricia did not go gentle into life. If it hugged her, she hugged it back. If it kicked her she kicked it back.

I am going to miss her here so much.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #45
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
OMG.... I didn't even know she was ill. So sad...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote