Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
Where to get a hard case

Hi guys,

I'm strongly considering a third generation Kindle right now. I've gone through two Foxit eSlicks. In both cases the cause of death was damage incurred by someone wandering the aisles during lecture. Long story short, I expect that unless I get a hard case the cause of death for my third ereader will be the same.

Where can I get a hard case that can take being booted if someone stumbles against my bag, and can take being stepped on? Both have happened.

Thanks!
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
pen_sq
Enthusiast
pen_sq began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's pretty tough to make a case that'll hold up to a stomping. Maybe you want something more like a gun case, or gut out this CD case (I haven't checked the dimensions). I guess the gun case wouldn't fly that well in a school, though. Maybe hollowing out an old hardcover book will work, too.

Last edited by pen_sq; 09-10-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: linky
pen_sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Make yourself one out of a old hard cover book, hollow out a hole so the reader fits into it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I was looking for a Case Logic 48 CD hard case (not the soft case, those are too big), but I found a planner cover at Staples that will hold the K3 and the USB cord/charger with no problem--$9.99.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I was hoping to find a form fitting hard case since my book bag isn't big enough for my netbook plus a book of any significant size. The netbook has survived where the eSlick hasn't so I think just a plastic case will do. I just don't see one available for the K3 yet.
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_ View Post
Hi guys,

I'm strongly considering a third generation Kindle right now. I've gone through two Foxit eSlicks. In both cases the cause of death was damage incurred by someone wandering the aisles during lecture. Long story short, I expect that unless I get a hard case the cause of death for my third ereader will be the same.

Where can I get a hard case that can take being booted if someone stumbles against my bag, and can take being stepped on? Both have happened.

Thanks!
Saw this link somewhere on the iRexforum:
http://www.alucases.de/catalog/produ...products_id=57
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote