Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Kindle for PC - stopped syncing

I use the Kindle for PC software on my netbook. I purchased an Amazon/Kindle book yesterday. When I got home I opened the Kindle-PC program on the netbook and it started reinstalling itself (or something). Whatever it did, it now does not sync with Amazon.

I figure I should uninstall and reinstall the software on the PC.
Here's my question:
Should I "deauthorize" the PC first with Amazon; uninstall the current software; then reinstall and reauthorize the PC?
If so,
Will I "lose" my purchased books? Do I have to use the identical PC-name-ID?

Any thoughts appreciated!
I'll just read the books that I have paid for first, just to be safe!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
hi, i know it's been a while since you asked but i once uninstalled my kindle4pc and reinstalled another version. it appeared as two kindles on my account. i just deregistered the first one.

i had one book i had purchased with the first kindle4pc and it was still there when i installed the other one.

i hope this makes sense
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Seems that my problem was with a MS Firewall that was automatically setup at some point after I had installed the Kindle-for-PC software. I set it up to allow the Kindle program access and it all works fine now!

Actually, the hint to look at the firewall setup was from a MR post.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote