Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
short timeout?

Anyone else having a problem about short time out of this forum? I am going nuts about having to log in every few minutes.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
No problems for me, in the UK.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
Anyone else having a problem about short time out of this forum? I am going nuts about having to log in every few minutes.
No problems from Canada, but there have been a few times in the last couple of months when the server was getting DoS-attacks.

No problems today.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
did you tick the "remember me" box?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
No, I do not want auto login when I restart the computer.
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I have been experiencing the short timeout also. I find it particularly a problem in the morning hours (i.e., morning in New York). It hasn't been a problem this afternoon, but was this morning.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I do this just to keep from getting the short time out. It doesn't keep me auto logged on as I log out when I close.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
All systems should be running without issues. I checked our MRTG graphs and couldn't detect any anomalies in the network.

The fact that you are logged out after experiencing time out issues indicates that something else is going on. Assuming you have not ticked the "remember me" box, the only reasons why you would be logged out are: exceeding idle time, closing of the browser, or changing of your local IP address.

Anyways, I will keep a close eye on it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Alex, I find that I get timedout only when I am typing a response to someone's comment and it is more than a few words long. If I check remember me, will that avoid the problem?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #10
Jonas777
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
the only reasons why you would be logged out are: exceeding idle time, closing of the browser, or changing of your local IP address.
Probably is the idle time then, is it possible for me to set it or at least see it somewhere? I have not verified this but it feels like it is only minutes.

Quote:
Anyways, I will keep a close eye on it.
Thanks.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Starting early on the server hardware upgrade today, or doing a little prep work?

Lagging right now with a lot of this:

500 - Internal Server Error

Thanks, Ken

Last edited by kenmark; 10-23-2009 at 10:32 AM.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ken, we did a few preparations before today's scheduled hardware upgrade, and it's possible that the error you've seen is related to it.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #13
Jonas777
Groupie

Quote:
Probably is the idle time then, is it possible for me to set it or at least see it somewhere?
No information about that?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for coming back to you late. No, you cannot set the idle time manually. But it should be long enough (I think it's 900 seconds). Either that, or you can could on the remember me button to avoid being automatically logged off (you would have to press the log-off button to log off manually).
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #15
Jonas777
Groupie

No worries but 900 seconds is only 15 minutes which is too short in my opinion. I have a habit of checking the front page and the "new posts"-page and opening the interesting stuff in new tabs. Then I read the tabs one by one and while doing that I may not do anything the server see as activity and, as they say, time flies when having fun...

120minutes would be better in my opinion, but it's your choice of course.