Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
When I saw the 700 in the Sony Store the first thing I noticed was fingerprints all over the screen. Who needs that?
At least in my week-long experience, fingerprints are really not an issue. (Maybe whoever used it before you in the store had just finished a slice of pizza, and didn't have a napkin:-)

Without getting into a discussion about the screen contrast, the 700 UI, including the touchscreen, are spot on. Certainly more intuitive than either the Kindle, or the 505. If the screen was 8" and with good daytime readability, I'd be a happy camper.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
In the five days I've had my 700, and the many times I've had it hooked up to my computer to add books, organize categories, etc., it has never failed to disconnect properly, leaving my organization intact.

Whether it's the new library software or the new interface in the 700, it's great. With my 500 I gave up on collections because about every other time I disconnected from the library software it wouldn't release properly and either it would simply discard my bookmarks and collections or I would have to do a reset.

With the 700, same computer, same cables, no problems at all (so far, knock on wood).

And after much reading in all kinds of light I'm still happy with it and haven't gone blind yet.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #18
Roamor
Roamor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
Whether it's the new library software or the new interface in the 700, it's great. With my 500 I gave up on collections because about every other time I disconnected from the library software it wouldn't release properly and either it would simply discard my bookmarks and collections or I would have to do a reset.
Aren't bookmarks stored in the files themselves?
Roamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I don't know where they're stored, but on my 500 I'd often end up with no bookmarks, and with the last-page-read forgotten in any/all books I'd started.

So far it hasn't happened at all with the 700.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #20
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I don't know where they're stored, but on my 500 I'd often end up with no bookmarks, and with the last-page-read forgotten in any/all books I'd started.

So far it hasn't happened at all with the 700.
I've *never* had this issue with my 505, which I've had well over a year. So I'd assume the fix was in the firmware for the 505, and carried over to the 700.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #21
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I've *never* had this issue with my 505, which I've had well over a year. So I'd assume the fix was in the firmware for the 505, and carried over to the 700.
Actually, I occasionally have this problem with my PRS 505 with the recent firmware. So I suspect it may be a hardware problem.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
To me the contrast and crispness on the 700 was worse than the the 505 with the lightwedge cover in place. (For what it's worth, I love the lightwedge cover, but I hate the little scratches and mars that it is prone to...)
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote