Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
coolnamehere
coolnamehere began at the beginning.

Device: prs300
update catalog with device-only books?

the catalog feature is new to me and have been learning how to use it for a few days, read the catalog sticky and got pretty far but there's one last piece. (linux, sony prs 300, calibre r0.7.27 which I know is old but I'd like to stay with it.)

I have about 1/4 of my calibre lib books on the device. my only desire for the catalog is so when I'm using my reader I can see what a book on it is about by using metadata "comments".

I plug in my reader, select only those books on the device and do "convert -> create..." to get my initial catalog. this part works great.

but the problem is I can't seem to get the catalog appended for any new books I send to the device. I've tried "Only..." which doesn't seem to update lib or device catalog, same for "Manual...", and "Automatic..." just rebuilds the catalog with everything in the lib and puts that on my reader.

so is there a way I can have new books sent update the catalog with just that book's metadata?
coolnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It is not possible to append books to an existing catalog. You would need to rebuild the catalog with the particular collection of books that you want.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Well, my approach is a little different. I use the Reading List plugin to populate a custom column, so that I always know exactly what book is on my device, even if the device is not plugged in.

If you go that route, you can create a virtual library with that column as parameter, and create a catalog of that library.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote