Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Leather case for Nexus 7 ?

Has anyone found a case they like for the Nexus 7 ?

I have an excellent black leather case on my Nook ST and an equally neat leather case on my wife's Kobo
Both from SkinDigital, unfortunately they don't make a simple case for the Nexus7 only a triple folding type of case that is used for propping the Nexus 7 up on a table and I have no need of that function
We use the eReaders on the train or bus and want a leather case for the Nexus 7 the same as the Kobo and Nook cases
Has anyone got such a case or seen one available anywhere ?
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Here's the type of case that I use. http://www.amazon.com/EXOTEK-Slim-Fi.../dp/B008MIQGTQ

It can fold out into a stand if you unhook the left side claws. I never use that feature. It's a very slim case with no bulky extras to get in the way.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Blintok57
Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 -32g - Kobo Aura
got one from Logiix

"Logiix Roadster N7 is a slim fitting and lightweight case with no extra bulk made out of high quality eco leather. The reinforced fitted frame allows you to easily convert into typing and landscape mode, while the soft microfiber protects your Google Nexus 7 from scratches. As a part of the SmartLine series, your Nexus will automatically wake up when opening the cover and enter sleep mode upon closing."

http://www.logiix.net/tablet/tablet-cases/roadster-n7/
Blintok57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Not the thinnest or lightest case - but these just ooze quality, and are a pleasure to hold.

http://oberondesign.com/e-reader-covers/nexus.html

I love the one I have for my kindle, and it has inspired purchases by my husband, brother, other brother, and sister in law!)
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
I love, love, love this case:
Accessorise Frameless Dual-View 100 Percent Premium Genuine Leather Folio cover case-Red
I love it more than my Nexus 7! Also comes in black and magenta. Oh, and it's only $5.

Last edited by MeSue; 01-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
I love, love, love this case:
Accessorise Frameless Dual-View 100 Percent Premium Genuine Leather Folio cover case-Red
I love it more than my Nexus 7! Also comes in black and magenta. Oh, and it's only $5.
Thanks for that but unfortunately they don't ship this case to Australia
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
SoulkeepHL
SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5
I wanted the smallest case possible for the Nexus, as a lot of the generic leather 7" tablet cases add a considerable amount of bulk to what should be a slim device. I settled on a Poetic Slimline Portfolio case and have been happy so far (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NMCPTQ). I also have a Timbuk2 sleeve for when I want to use it nekkid, but keep it protected in my bag.
SoulkeepHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulkeepHL View Post
I wanted the smallest case possible for the Nexus, as a lot of the generic leather 7" tablet cases add a considerable amount of bulk to what should be a slim device. I settled on a Poetic Slimline Portfolio case and have been happy so far (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NMCPTQ). I also have a Timbuk2 sleeve for when I want to use it nekkid, but keep it protected in my bag.
+1 on the Poetic Slimline Portfolio -- I have it on my N7 and love it. Minimalistic and fits perfectly with no added bulk. :thumbup:
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Got the hipstreet Portfolio Standing case sleep cover with the Nexus 7 4G:

Seems great. Close it and the device goes to deep sleep.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have had trouble holding my 10 inch Viewsonic tablet so I went with the MoKo slim fit for my Nexus 7. I chose the carbon fiber surface but what I like is the wide, soft hand-strap on the back which helps me hold the tablet on my hand.

They have multiple colors and I hated to get black (because so many things are black) but the other colors were a bit too bright.

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-fit-...s=nexus+7+case
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
Not the thinnest or lightest case - but these just ooze quality, and are a pleasure to hold.

http://oberondesign.com/e-reader-covers/nexus.html

I love the one I have for my kindle, and it has inspired purchases by my husband, brother, other brother, and sister in law!)
+1 on Oberon. I have their Kindle DX cover (the 'Sky Dragon' in red, for those in the know) and love it (and get comments all the time). Spendy, but worth every penny.

Last edited by mbovenka; 01-14-2013 at 09:16 AM.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #12
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Speaking of cases... is there one that has a keyboard?
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
I actually ended up finding a Nexus 7 keyboard.. price wasn't too bad either. Works like a dream, although it will take some getting used to the small keys.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
+1 on the Poetic Slimline Portfolio -- I have it on my N7 and love it. Minimalistic and fits perfectly with no added bulk. :thumbup:
+2 Just got mine this week and love it. Adds nothing hardly to the size and weight and gives good protection.
Notice its $14.95 now $5.00 less than when I ordered it. To bad Amazon doesn't have a price guarantee.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NMCPTQ/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_2
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
+2 Just got mine this week and love it. Adds nothing hardly to the size and weight and gives good protection.
Notice its $14.95 now $5.00 less than when I ordered it. To bad Amazon doesn't have a price guarantee.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NMCPTQ/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_2
And today it is down to $12.95.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote