Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #46
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
will try holding the power button for 2 secs, so far I always had to pull the battery ...

Last edited by fekhner; 04-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #47
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

... does not work for me either, but it could indeed be that the problem has nothing to do with how much time it hibernates, but whether it is the first or the second hibernation.
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #48
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
I put the combined update on my usb drive and renamed it update.zip I also got the gapps.zip file on there. It starts to update but then I get:

Sorry! The application setup wizard has stopped unexpectedly. What gives?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #49
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Update.log?
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #50
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Update.log?
How do I do that? I downgraded to Dingo and installed Ermine fine, but once again got the error message when I tried to install allmine.
Advert
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #51
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So log is not created on USB? Then I have no idea how to help you. My update worked at least for me and for Lobotom1. You could try vldmr's 0.2 from the first post. Do you have full-size EE or pocket?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #52
shootist
Zealot

I got the update to take but its stuck on the opening screen. It says touch android to begin. I do, and the android lights up but then nothing.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
Burgher
Connoisseur

Did you choose "setup" or "regular activity" on first boot?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #54
shootist
Zealot

it never gave me that option. I wonder if I need to go back to dingo and start over since it gave me problems to begin with.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #55
Burgher
Connoisseur

Well, there should be not merely a picture of Android, but also a continue button at the bottom.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #56
shootist
Zealot

Got it working. Went back to dingo, then ermine, then the combined allmine. Nice. Thanks to those who made this possible.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #57
szegan
szegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocketbook Pro 603, Pocketbook Touch 622
Thanks for the Allmine-Universal-0.4 update! Got it to work on my blue EE directly from the last official Ermine beta.

After the update I had to fix the library which was located on the SD card to the new serial number as described in the original Allmine instructions by ktwombley.

Now, Google market access works. :-)

Some first observations:

I tried to standbye the EE during the night. The EE woke up this morning. Before the update I had the hibernation issue... But this needs to be tested a bit more... ;-)

The green camera issue still exists.

Moving apps to SD card still not works, right? ...I'm running out of space with the apps installed currently...

Anyway, great work, thank you guys!
szegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #58
fekhner
Addict

For moving apps to SD, what works is the procedure described here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
using link2sd. At some stage I thought it did not work (my system must have been too messed up), but it did work nicely after a clean upgrade to Allmine.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #59
szegan
szegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsszegan can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocketbook Pro 603, Pocketbook Touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
For moving apps to SD, what works is the procedure described here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
using link2sd. At some stage I thought it did not work (my system must have been too messed up), but it did work nicely after a clean upgrade to Allmine.
Ah okay, I will check out it. Thank you for the information.
szegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #60
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
from the next days I'll have a bit more free time, I'll check this and give you a feedback
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote