Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
aws22662002
aws22662002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Newsstand

Can anyone tell me how to get magazines not bought through amazon to show up in the Newsstand. I've read a few posts about about changing the coding in calibre, but I have no clue where to find the files to change. If anyone can help or point me to a post that will, I would be greatful.
aws22662002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
If you use the calibre news function to download periodicals you have to transfer them to the Fire via USB to have them show up in the Newsstand.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
aws22662002
aws22662002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have some magazines in pdf format that I would like to show on the newsstand. I converted them to mobi using Calibre and took out the PDOC tag, but I can't get anything to show in Newsstand but Amazon Mags or Calibre news periodicals.
aws22662002 is offline   Reply With Quote