Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
About taking notes

Hello friends,

Since a few weeks I am the proud owner of a PocketBook Pro 903 and I am very pleased with the device and with this new way of reading. It works fast, and I think I have found my way around meanwhile: I updated the FW from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 alfa.
But I keep having this problem with "taking notes".

I can't seem to make a note inside an open epub file.
I actually managed to make a note once, was able to select pieces of text, but I cannot repeat this on other epub files.

This is how I try to make a note:

1. Press the OK button for the Quick menu to appear. Then press "Note" with the stylus.
Nothing happens. Then, when I try to mark some word in the text with the stylus, a message appears suddenly, saying "Cancelled to create Note". Then the page flashes a bit, and that's it.

2. To call Notes in a different way, I configured to start a Note under the Up botton. When I press this button a bit longer, there should appear an extra toolbar in the upper part of the screen. Well, it should because this happened once. Now nothing happens.

This happens using all FW versions!
I am wondering if these are the right ways of taking notes, or should I do this otherwise still?

TIA & Regards, Kuba

Last edited by jekvb; 05-24-2011 at 04:21 PM.
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekvb View Post
Hello friends,

Since a few weeks I am the proud owner of a PocketBook Pro 903 and I am very pleased with the device and with this new way of reading. It works fast, and I think I have found my way around meanwhile: I updated the FW from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 alfa.
But I keep having this problem with "taking notes".

I can't seem to make a note inside an open epub file.
I actually managed to make a note once, was able to select pieces of text, but I cannot repeat this on other epub files.

This is how I try to make a note:

1. Press the OK button for the Quick menu to appear. Then press "Note" with the stylus.
Nothing happens. Then, when I try to mark some word in the text with the stylus, a message appears suddenly, saying "Cancelled to create Note". Then the page flashes a bit, and that's it.

2. To call Notes in a different way, I configured to start a Note under the Up botton. When I press this button a bit longer, there should appear an extra toolbar in the upper part of the screen. Well, it should because this happened once. Now nothing happens.

This happens using all FW versions!
I am wondering if these are the right ways of taking notes, or should I do this otherwise still?

TIA & Regards, Kuba
I may be wrong, but this looks to me like the behaviour with Adobereader. The new free hand note taking function in firmware 2.1.0 works with FBreader.
If you open your book with FBreader(to do so, go into the library, select the file you want to open, and give a long press on the OK button: this will call up a menu with "open with" from which you can select FBreader), then while in the book press "OK" to call the context menu, and then select "notes". This will call up the notes instrument (pen, highlighter and eraser - pick the one you want with the stylus).

In Adobeviewer instead when you call the context menu and then select "note", you then have to select with the stylus the portion of text you want: jsut put the stylus on the first line of text you want to highlight, and keep going down (without raising the stylus) until the last line. As soon as you lift the stylus the lines you touched will be highlighted in black, and a pop up menu will appear with a number of options. If you select "save as image", what you have selceted will become a free-hand editable note. To edit it, go to contents, select the note you wish, then press the "book" button to call another context menu that will give you a number of options, including "edit image".
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
jekvb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I may be wrong, but this looks to me like the behaviour with Adobereader. The new free hand note taking function in firmware 2.1.0 works with FBreader.
If you open your book with FBreader(to do so, go into the library, select the file you want to open, and give a long press on the OK button: this will call up a menu with "open with" from which you can select FBreader), then while in the book press "OK" to call the context menu, and then select "notes". This will call up the notes instrument (pen, highlighter and eraser - pick the one you want with the stylus).

In Adobeviewer instead when you call the context menu and then select "note", you then have to select with the stylus the portion of text you want: jsut put the stylus on the first line of text you want to highlight, and keep going down (without raising the stylus) until the last line. As soon as you lift the stylus the lines you touched will be highlighted in black, and a pop up menu will appear with a number of options. If you select "save as image", what you have selceted will become a free-hand editable note. To edit it, go to contents, select the note you wish, then press the "book" button to call another context menu that will give you a number of options, including "edit image".
Thanks, I 'll give that a try.

Regards, Kuba
Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
jekvb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks, I 'll give that a try.

Regards, Kuba
It worked, thanks!

Regards, Kuba
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
It worked, thanks!

Regards, Kuba
great!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert