Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
*scratches head* I don't remember - I do remember it took me two or three tries before I got it. I thought I was doing the same thing each time. In my case it was definitely the buttons - sometimes it's a little difficult to tell when they're pressed enough or not, even in normal usage; I've gotten into the habit of squeezing them between fingers and thumb (thumb on the back side of the machine, of course); but I couldn't do that when doing the upgrade, because I don't have two thumbs on one hand. So you may have to play around a bit - put the machine on a hard surface (I'd volunteer my head, but it's not flat enough), be sure you're pressing hard in the middle of the buttons. And keep asking for advice; maybe someone will chime with other ideas in.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #32
Aarimus
Aarimus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Still no luck. I've tried holding the menu/rotate buttons in several different time intervals between 5 seconds and 60+ seconds, over 10 attempts so far.
Aarimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #33
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

You've checked that the flashdrive is readable (by sticking it in your Dingo edGe and seeing if you can find the update.zip file)? Also, are you sure the entire thing downloaded? File length should be 147709319
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #34
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
when I finally succeeded yesterday I had to use the file pack from the torrent (which is now up to 6 seeders! woot!) not the one linked in the first post. And it took like 42 tries. And required a change of user. And a hold down of the reset button before the flash process for like 10 seconds, until the speakers popped. No idea if it was the change of file, the # 42, the user, or the reset, but something did it finally.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #35
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile

Hmmm ... if that pocket-edge update.zip is bad, I wonder if the edge.zip is also bad. In any event, it gives A2rimus something else to try - if he/she doesn't want to bother with the torrent, the same file pack is available for direct download at http://dustyfeet.com/edge/PocketEdge...rk_Rehorst.zip
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #36
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Aarimus, I think I remember reading that the USB stick has to be small capacity. Someone said 2GB (I think) works best. Can anyone confirm?

Welcome! I hope you get it upgraded soon.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #37
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
my stick is 4gb, so we know that's small enough
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #38
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile

<giggle> (It's ok; my stick was only 2GB, so smaller than yours.)

Last edited by geckoFeet; 06-02-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #39
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet View Post
<giggle>
you have a dirty mind my friend... *quietly lets out a small chuckle himself*
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #40
Aarimus
Aarimus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet
You've checked that the flashdrive is readable (by sticking it in your Dingo edGe and seeing if you can find the update.zip file)?
Yes, I am able to browse to the update.zip file on the usb stick and see its contents from within the PocketEdge file browser.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm downloading the torrent now and I'll let you know how it goes!

- Paul
Aarimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #41
mrlanrat
mrlanrat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge, Kindles
Why is the link to the file on entourage's servers not working for you guys? It works just fine for me.

I would think you would want a copy of the file from the source links in my first post, all the other links are just copies of the same files.
mrlanrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #42
Kewlcat
Kewlcat began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge since May '11 (upgraded to Ermine - Aug '11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post

And yeah, I'm netrobot on Entourage. What I want to know is, Is Kewlcat here the same one as on SmartAppsWorld? (and if so, what happened to the Cheetah with headphones avatar?)
Nope thats not me.
Will check that site out later though...
Kewlcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #43
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
I made a successful offline update using the zip file downloaded from
http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9 today,with a 8G usb stick.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #44
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Aarimus, I think I remember reading that the USB stick has to be small capacity. Someone said 2GB (I think) works best. Can anyone confirm?
I use a 16Gb stick. Works fine.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:09 AM   #45
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
anyone know where I could look for dingo golden files to downgrade then re-upgrade the used EE I got today (which has browser crash issues)?

I've tried the hotfile.com link but it says it's downloading and then hangs and doesn't do anything.

Last edited by North19; 06-03-2011 at 03:30 AM.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote