Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: How many books do you read at one time?
Only One 69 38.76%
Two or three 74 41.57%
Four or five 21 11.80%
More than five 14 7.87%
I don't read books 0 0%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I 'read' 2-3. There is always one audiobook, The Dark Tower, I'm reading this for the last 8-9 months now. I'm half way part 7 now. And one on the Cybook, just finished Third World Products. Sometimes there is an extra one.

Last edited by Ortep; 02-08-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #17
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I borrow print books from the library. So I'm usually reading one print book at home and a different ebook while commuting to work.
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #18
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I used to read 2-3 books at a time. For the past six months or so, I've been reading just one book at a time.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I marked 1... because I like to read 1 book at a time. That is even easier with my reader since it is so portable.

I am also started listening to an audible while I got out of my daily walks. Not sure if you count this as "reading" or not.

So, now a days I will have 1 print/ebook in progress and 1 audio book in progress. I also read my AOPA magazine. I am actually quite behind on that because I have been reading so much more with my reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
one book at a time at an average of 2 books a week, for an Average of 100 Print pages a day, (so 150-250 ebook pages) I am a Slow reader(I dont believe in skipping,). a page would take me 3 minutes. I just have alot of free time.

but as I read a book I get so engrossed in the story, my own speech patterns and typing patterns match the author. so when i Read Heinlein pleasantly vulgar at times, except during the time i read moon is a harsh mistress, that made my speech weird for over a week. my girlfriend loves it when im reading Edgar Rice Boroughs

I read an Asimov for the first time, that was an interesting review i made of it. sounded like Asimov wrote it himself.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
One

I have a one track mind.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #22
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I usually have between 2 to 8 books going on at the same time.

The higher number is usually when I'm going through a large number of Non Fiction Books, and depending on the material I like to either pace it out due to intrest or due to the density of the material.

I'll often just read a chapter or two a week, for especially dense books as I like to think through then, and I try to read tem at a time when I can concentrate, so not lunchtime reading.

I'm also usually rereading a couple of old favourites at any given time, as when I'm rushed or tired I often prefer the comfort of an old book, as I can just enjoy the writing without having to worry about understanding or keeping track.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #23
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
About four books here. I used to read two books a day straight through. Now I take my time.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #24
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
At least 4 or 5 at the same time since I read in different languages, both fiction and non-fiction.
Same here, with long term endeavours (1200 pp on a technical subject) + a few lighter ones (SciFi or detective)... Both in print & e-book.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #25
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Normally I read one book for entertainment (alternating between fiction and non-fiction) and one or more technical books, programming-related stuff. If I end up reading 3 books, it has to be one fiction, one non-fiction, plus the technical. But if that happens is probably because one of the books are boring, otherwise I will stick to one book.

I am a very slow reader, in part because I am born like this (I've tried to not mentally vocalize while I read but I find it impossible) and in part because English is not my native language, and pretty much all the books I read are in English. And then on top of that I rarely have time to read except when I am in bed, so it takes me only 20 pages or so to be defeated by sleep! So if I alternate too much between books, I feel I will never finish reading anything..
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #26
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Usually I read one book at one time. But it's not rare to happen I read a second book too.

One example is King's The Stand. A very long book. I've read about 2500 epages before I wanted to vary a little bit. So by the time I finished The Stand, I've read 3 other books as well.

By I voted 1 book at one time, because that's my usual habit.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 AM   #27
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
1 book at a time, about 1 book every 3 weeks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
extra24
Book/Internet Nerd
extra24 began at the beginning.

Device: none
if a book is really good then it can be the only one I read because I want to finish it but if it isn't really capturing me then sometimes I will cheat on it with other books
extra24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #29
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I'm usually reading a mix of nonfiction and fiction. I tend to read some genres quickly, and might finish an entire book within a few hours that's sort of - bookended in a denser novel that I take more time over. Or I'll switch something up if I am going to read during short breaks or when I'm tired enough that i know I want something I can easily put down and pick up again.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #30
Wario
Connoisseur
Wario began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I read only one book at a time, I finsihed them in under two weeks. I don't think I even can manage to read more than one at a time.

Yay my first post.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote