Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #1876
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
237 days are going to fly by now.
I've got my very own little Grasshopper.
My wife and I welcomed our daughter into the world yesterday.
She's named partly after a certain beautiful, headstrong and resourceful apprentice.
I just love my little Molly!!!!!
Congratulations!!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #1877
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
She's named partly after a certain beautiful, headstrong and resourceful apprentice.
Congrats to you!!!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #1878
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
**Squeeeee, Baby!!**

Congratulations!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1879
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Dresden fans might find this interesting, worth a look since it's free.

From the creator of NBC's hit series, GRIMM
The Grimm Curse (Once Upon A Time Is Now)

Fifteen year-old Jake Grimm is the last living descendent of the Brothers Grimm, who wrote the famous fairy tales in the 1800's. But Jake grew up never knowing his true destiny until he ran away from his unhappy foster home, to the place of his birth--Woodland--a small town nestled deep in a Northwestern forest.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #1880
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Grimm Curse (Once Upon A Time Is Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Dresden fans might find this interesting, worth a look since it's free.

From the creator of NBC's hit series, GRIMM
The Grimm Curse (Once Upon A Time Is Now)

Fifteen year-old Jake Grimm is the last living descendent of the Brothers Grimm, who wrote the famous fairy tales in the 1800's. But Jake grew up never knowing his true destiny until he ran away from his unhappy foster home, to the place of his birth--Woodland--a small town nestled deep in a Northwestern forest.
Nice! And a freebie too!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #1881
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Congratulations!!! Enjoy every second, they go by so fast
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #1882
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Apr 7, 2009 - Jim Butcher Dog saves his son from a bear

Jim Butcher tells the story how his dog saves his son from a bear.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #1883
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Last night I read the first three Ghoul Goblin comics. Based on the releases so far, I'm hoping the next is released very soon.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #1884
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm on to book 2 in Codex Alera. I'm so hooked. I knew this would happen . The first one really reminded me of A Song of Ice and Fire...but much cleaner . Jim is such a great writer, I really like all of his characters in all his books that I've read.

Did anyone else have an issue with words running together on your kindle versions? Quite a few pages I would have a sentence that looks like this: "...adding to the blubberyfat beneath its hide", really weird .
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #1885
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm on to book 2 in Codex Alera. I'm so hooked. I knew this would happen . The first one really reminded me of A Song of Ice and Fire...but much cleaner . Jim is such a great writer, I really like all of his characters in all his books that I've read.
Ooh, that is a pretty high recommendation! I may just have to check out Codex Alera then. Thanks!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #1886
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Skin Game has 31 ratings on Goodreads and not a single one of them has read it. Goodreads should not allow ratings unless a book has been released. and the person rating it has it in his/her shelf as having been read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #1887
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Skin Game has 31 ratings on Goodreads and not a single one of them has read it. Goodreads should not allow ratings unless a book has been released. and the person rating it has it in his/her shelf as having been read.
I've never been to Goodreads, do you mean they put stars beside the book or do they actually comment on it like a review? Just curious. If people are going there for recommendations that's pretty ridiculous for them to do that without having read the book....even though I know it will awesome .
Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #1888
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Ooh, that is a pretty high recommendation! I may just have to check out Codex Alera then. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I am
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #1889
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I've never been to Goodreads, do you mean they put stars beside the book or do they actually comment on it like a review? Just curious. If people are going there for recommendations that's pretty ridiculous for them to do that without having read the book....even though I know it will awesome .
It has 5 reviews which are not reviews. 31 people rated a book they've never read. This is just lame.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #1890
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool August 1, 2011 - Jim Butcher Signing in DC

A snapshot of a video of this event titled 'Jim Butcher Q&A from Tyson's Corner, VA.':

Instead of posting the video pictured above, I decided to post the below video:

Recorded on August 1, 2011 using a Flip Video camera.

Last edited by alansplace; 04-14-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add info

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy