Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I just put ebooks onto the Kindle with Calibre. Then I tag the ebooks as "OnReader" in Calibre, and delete them on the Kindle itself when I actually have read them. Then I change te OnReader tag to Read in Calibre, and I remove everything in the Documents-folder before I load new books.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This thread pertains to more then just Kindle users. Coming up with the cleanest way to delete eBooks from our readers is not just a Kindle thing. It's pertains to Amazon, B&N, Kobo, Sony, Onyx, Bookeen, and any other Reader that Calibre can manage.
Well, except this is a Kindle sub-forum and there's probably few B&N, Kobo, Onyx, Bookeen and other reader owners digging down this thread for advice.

Once again, you're feelings about Amazon and the Kindle are well known and using excuses for that attitude doesn't justify the hate.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Well, except this is a Kindle sub-forum and there's probably few B&N, Kobo, Onyx, Bookeen and other reader owners digging down this thread for advice.

Once again, you're feelings about Amazon and the Kindle are well known and using excuses for that attitude doesn't justify the hate.
I feel sorry for you because you just don't get it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I feel sorry for you because you just don't get it.
Oh, I get it Jon. Believe me, I get it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Calibre's options are modified so it no longer creates a subdirectory, for the Kindle, does Calibre add any files when adding the eBook that do not get deleted when using the Kindle's delete function?

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Sending a mobi file on my Paperwhite:
A folder title.sdr is created which contains title.apnx. That file is replaced with title.mpb1 and title.mbs once the book is opened.

After deleting, title.sdr is left containing the files title.mpb1 and title.mbs

With azw3, the same folder is created. After deleting the book, you're left with title.azw3f and title.azw3r.

Depending on the book and what features it has, x-ray for example, there may be other files left.

Last edited by JimmyR; 02-25-2013 at 12:26 AM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Why bother? If you sideload files, it means that you connect the Kindle to the computer. Just clean out the Documents folder once in a while.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote