Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #721
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just got back from a 7 mile slog through sometimes knee-deep mud. Absolutely shattered. This "losing weight and getting fit" lark is blooming hard work!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #722
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Beauty knows no pain!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #723
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just got back from a 7 mile slog through sometimes knee-deep mud. Absolutely shattered. This "losing weight and getting fit" lark is blooming hard work!
Good for you! I got out today for only 1 mile, the weather is still too darn cold and much snow/ice still on the ground from our christmas snow.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #724
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
It really isn't as easy as the health spas make it out to be, is it... One thing I've discovered is that if I can find a place to walk 'smoothly,' I can get into a fast rhythm and go and go and go... and it actually feels good! But if I'm walking on broken ground, such as a hiking trail, although the scenery is nicer the walking doesn't feel nearly as good. It feels like work. My wife asked me why I was going downtown to walk, and I realized that with the underground shopping malls in Osaka, I could walk 'smoothly' for miles and miles. I had first used them to avoid the summer heat, enjoying the air conditioning. Then I realized that it was the smoothness and rhythm of the walking that kept me coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Beauty knows no pain!
If I get any more beautiful, it will be painful for those around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good for you! I got out today for only 1 mile, the weather is still too darn cold and much snow/ice still on the ground from our christmas snow.
Hard to walk in those conditions. I don't mind the cold, but difficult footing makes it hard to get into a rhythm. We've been walking around the neighborhood, and halfway through the walk we have to remove hats and gloves, and open our coats. But we are moving really quickly too. When we stop, it's a scurry to get covered up again.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #725
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
To paraphrase Harry - it was too bloody cold to walk after dinner, so I hopped onto my stepper and "walked" whilst watching Jeopardy - which I won BTW.

We've replaced all deserts in the house with yogurt.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #726
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
To paraphrase Harry - it was too bloody cold to walk after dinner, so I hopped onto my stepper and "walked" whilst watching Jeopardy - which I won BTW.

We've replaced all deserts in the house with yogurt.
Just how many deserts are there in North Carolina chicken coups? And dew ewe get yogurt dunes when the wind blows hard?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #727
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Just how many deserts are there in North Carolina chicken coups? And dew ewe get yogurt dunes when the wind blows hard?
Bloody wise a$$ dog ....
*making appointment at the vet to get doggie "fixed"*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #728
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Morning of the 31st... with a day to spare... 79.7kg...

Ya just gotta want it badly enough... This is it!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-30-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #729
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Congratulations
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #730
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Stitchawl
Woo hoo!!!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #731
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Thanks! Now I'm thinking... should I try for 75? I can still see a wee bit of 'love handles' towards the back... and if I don't set a date to reach it, can increase my calorie intake another 500-600 per day with no worries. On the other hand, I'm exercising, both aerobic and muscle toning, and putting on muscle weight all along... I just don't know enough about exercise physiology! I need to talk with the best physiologist I know; my friend Dr. Jolie Bookspan! She's always steered me right!

Stitchawl
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #732
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Congratulations!!!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #733
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Ya just gotta want it badly enough...
Congratulations! A very impressive achievement. Are you planning on more flight adventures as well?

Have had (nearly) two weeks of feasting, I'm up 1.5kg or so....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #734
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Have had (nearly) two weeks of feasting, I'm up 1.5kg or so....
Yes, I've gained another lb this last week, but I suspect that mine is more a case of things getting back on an even keel after losing a ridiculous 6lb in a week during a nasty stomach upset a fortnight ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #735
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Congratulations! A very impressive achievement. Are you planning on more flight adventures as well?
Absolutely! But not until the Spring. It's a lot colder high up than on the ground. Even back in October, when I was in shirtsleeves flying down low, the experienced flyers up top were wearing full winter wear.

Quote:
Yes, I've gained another lb this last week, but I suspect that mine is more a case of things getting back on an even keel after losing a ridiculous 6lb in a week during a nasty stomach upset a fortnight ago.
I think I may have actually lost a LOT of weight today... with some sort of evil thing that crawled into my belly and died... I couldn't get very far from the bathroom all afternoon and evening. I felt OK, but my innards were trying very hard to be outards. We had sushi for lunch and it would seem something in there was long time no sea...

I'll be interested to see what the scale reads tomorrow morning... New Year's Day. Happy New Year, one and all!

Stitchawl