Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
bard69
bard69 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
How Compact Flash on iLiad accessed?

I have just bought and started using an iLiad, and I have installed an 8gb Compact Flash card. On the device manager 4gb is displayed, which is fine, but I have no idea how to store files on it. When I conned the iLiad to my Sony/Windows Vista system via USB I can navigate the directory structure on the iLiad, in addition to copying files to and from it...but I see nothing that relates to the Compact Flash memory?

Am I missing something?

Jim
JimSmith@CyberPoet.com
bard69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bard69 View Post
I have just bought and started using an iLiad, and I have installed an 8gb Compact Flash card. On the device manager 4gb is displayed, which is fine, but I have no idea how to store files on it. When I conned the iLiad to my Sony/Windows Vista system via USB I can navigate the directory structure on the iLiad, in addition to copying files to and from it...but I see nothing that relates to the Compact Flash memory?

Am I missing something?

Jim
JimSmith@CyberPoet.com
Make sure you have firmware 2.11, and have selected out output the CF card via the settings page.

Also, it should recognize space above 4gb. You may need to reformat the card as fat32.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Make sure you have firmware 2.11, and have selected out output the CF card via the settings page.

Also, it should recognize space above 4gb. You may need to reformat the card as fat32.
It's on page 3 in Settings. "Export via USB". You can select there which memory get's loaded as USB drive.
But it's only USB 1.1 - not the faster 2.0.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have a spare 512M CF that I got for free when I bought canon SLR camera.
Would it work well with the iLiad? I think I was reading somewhere it is drains battery a lot if you use any external card, but especially CF vs. SC?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Should work fine. I have all my books on a CF card on my iLiad. Don't really see any significant reduction in battery life as a result. I'm using a "no name" 2GB CF card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
OK. Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
MatchNL
MatchNL is on a distinguished road

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
lol...

Circuit City had a 2 gig CF card for 150$. Right next to it, the same brand... faster transfer rate...etc a FOUR gig CF card for 45$. LOL. Someone needs to contact their marketing department. The 8 gig card was 90 bucks. *shrug*.

Makes no sense to me.

Anyway, I got the 8GB CF card and I still don't have room for all my books, and they're in plain text format! haha. Yay internets.
MatchNL is offline   Reply With Quote