Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free on Kindle - Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising, by Keri Arthur, the first in the Riley Jensen, Guardian series.

Book Description
In this exciting debut, author Keri Arthur explodes onto the supernatural scene with a sexy, sensuous tale of intrigue and suspense set in a world where legends walk and the shady paths of the underworld are far more sinister than anyone envisioned.

A rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, Riley Jenson and her twin brother, Rhoan, work for Melbourne’s Directorate of Other Races, an organization created to police the supernatural races–and protect humans from their depredations. While Rhoan is an exalted guardian, a.k.a. assassin, Riley is merely an office worker–until her brother goes missing on one of his missions. The timing couldn’t be worse. More werewolf than vampire, Riley is vulnerable to the moon heat, the weeklong period before the full moon, when her need to mate becomes all-consuming.…

Luckily Riley has two willing partners to satisfy her every need. But she will have to control her urges if she’s going to find her brother….Easier said than done as the city pulses with frenzied desire, and Riley is confronted with a very powerful–and delectably naked–vamp who raises her temperature like never before.

In matters carnal, Riley has met her match. But in matters criminal, she must follow her instincts not only to find her brother but to stop an unholy harvest. For someone is doing some shifty cloning in an attempt to produce the ultimate warrior–by tapping into the genome of nonhumans like Rhoan. Now Riley knows just how dangerous the world is for her kind–and just how much it needs her.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You are on a roll today! Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the freebies.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You are on a roll today! Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the freebies.
I love the first of the month ... every time I checked today, there has been another free book. I've read this one, but will re-read it on the Kindle (and probably give the paperback away).
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
All these Kindle only freebies are tempting me to get the Kindle app for my iPhone, just so I can read them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm... Free App. Free Books.

The only thing to lose is eyesight from a backlit screen.

(of course, in _some_ countries you could strip DRM and conver to another format.
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Hmm... Free App. Free Books.

The only thing to lose is eyesight from a backlit screen.

(of course, in _some_ countries you could strip DRM and conver to another format.
It's my eyesight I'm worried about
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I know what you mean. It's as readable as most computers. The font size is smaller than on the Kindle, but more sharp, so often nearly as much is visible per "page". But, like the computer, I try to use it in smaller doses and not when the room is dark (a lot of people think that is a plus, but a backlit screen in a dark room is where you get maximum eyestrain and damage to the eye .... while outside, of course, they are completely unreadable).
Old 09-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Friend of mine got an iPod Touch and has been reading on that --he did an evaluation of it on my blog, if anyone is interested: http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/fav...ks/ipod-touch/

Another friend of mine did some reading on the iPhone and was not disappointed. I was leaning towards the kindle myself until I heard from both my friends. It just seems like the iPod can do so many more tasks. Of course...maybe 3rd or 4th gen kindle...

Karen, I stopped by your Books on the Knob--looks like a very interesting review resource! Now I need to visit your gardening site. I'm an avid gardener, despite the Texas heat that sucked all the life from my garden this year. I've already started my fall garden and, as always, I've got big hopes. The tomatoes are always bigger in my imagination...

:>)

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Karen, I stopped by your Books on the Knob--looks like a very interesting review resource! Now I need to visit your gardening site. I'm an avid gardener, despite the Texas heat that sucked all the life from my garden this year. I've already started my fall garden and, as always, I've got big hopes. The tomatoes are always bigger in my imagination...
This year, the weeds are winning. It hasn't helped to be one of the wettest years on record (ok, already, sure we need the rain -- but ENOUGH!). Often it's too wet to get into the garden for days on end (which the rabbits appreciate, greatly, as the tomatoes are still growing). The blog has been somewhat neglected as well, although I've taken some pics, I haven't uploaded them to the site.

I have also read on the iphone, but have noticed eyestrain on it (same as when using the computer or playing on the WII for too many hours a day .... hey, does watering my flowers in Animal Crossing count as gardening?). It is, however, no worse than using the PC (smaller, lighter, not as good battery time as my netbook, neither work outdoors), even with the smaller screen. I prefer the iphone (or my windows phone) greatly for RSS feeds and light surfing, compared to using the Kindle (the windows phone has many of the same limitations in the IE browser, but I use a 3rd party browser to get a desktop equivalent display ... just in very, very small size). The biggest problem I have with the iphone is AT&T exclusivity - which is why it is treated like the Touch instead and not used as a phone.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
We really had a dry, hot year here in Texas. We soooo need the rain. Send it on over here so that my fall garden gets some.

I linked to your blog from my blog (the book one). May have to link to the bee one as well. I'm still reading that one!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote