Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

Everyone: Please ONLY post requests for links in these threads. Sending a PM to me is not going to get a response any faster. And doing both wastes my time checking what I have responded to.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #32
clicker666
clicker666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.

Everyone: Please ONLY post requests for links in these threads. Sending a PM to me is not going to get a response any faster. And doing both wastes my time checking what I have responded to.
Can I get an SD card firmware for a N647? (no suffix) Currently on 1.9.12 but can't see books anymore.
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #34
bigbudd71
bigbudd71 began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Hey there, I have a Kobo model N647. I am hoping to get the link to the proper SD image, please? I would appreciate that very much.

Thank you so much !
Old 12-20-2016, 10:56 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 01-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #36
dracon1
dracon1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi (original)
Quote:
PM sent.
Kobo bricked after update is there any chance that you still have the sd image for Kobo N647? If so could you send me a copy please?
Old 01-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #38
Spook87
Spook87 began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Quote:
PM sent.
Hello I was also wondering if I could get a copy of the sd image for the N647
Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #40
dracon1
dracon1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi (original)
Successful image burn required removing SD card from Kobo

Thanks to davidfor for providing SD image which I recently used to resurrect two used Kobo's. I found that I was only able to successfully write the image to the SD cards after removing them from the ereader and connecting them to my computer through a card reader (i.e. attempting to write to the cards while they were in the ereaders via USB connector cable did not work). For one of the cards it took two attempts to write the image to the SD card before it "took".
Old 02-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #41
StanAlex
StanAlex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hi fellow members I'm new here! I just got a NEW N647 - but the firmware vanished - I'm looking to version 1.9.10 (or later) to try to put on an SD card or desktop to reinstall - Would someone be kind enough to send a SD image please? Many thanks!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #42
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Correct. When the device is attached to the PC, only a single partition of the SD card is exposed to the PC. This is NOT the partition(s) where the Kobo s/w is stored.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #43
StanAlex

I TOO have a N647 that is on the same issue Davidfor. May I PLEASE get your sd card image as well? Thank you very much! (I'm new here... how does the image reach me???)
Old 02-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #44
StanAlex

N647 image needed
Old 02-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #45
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAlex View Post
I TOO have a N647 that is on the same issue Davidfor. May I PLEASE get your sd card image as well? Thank you very much! (I'm new here... how does the image reach me???)
Someone will send you a Private Message (PM) with a link that you can download.

You'll have to remove the internal SD card from the device, place it in a SD card reader attached to your PC and use an image writer to restore the image to the SD card.
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi