Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #286
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETG View Post
My thoughts after just reading some of the posts is why should anyone care if a person registers then e-reader or not? Does it cause nightmares thinking people have the audacity not to register an e-book reader.

What a person does with their e-reader is really no one's business other than the person who owns said e-reader.
But then they come here asking for help because it's not properly registered.

Another issue is the fake Kobo registration failed twice when a new firmware version was no longer compatible. It could happen again. We won't know until it does.

I prefer to be registered and I know my device is good to go. I don't have to worry about something not working or having to start over because the new firmware isn't compatible with paranoia.

I have never once heard of anyone losing their job because of what they read on a registered Reader. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:04 AM   #287
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
L Ron wrote, and composed a sound track for Battlefield Earth I found a cassette of it years ago, and bought it, thinking it was him reading the book. Somewhere in the mists of time, I misplaced that sound track.
I'm pretty sure the album you had was Space Jazz (which I believe was also released as Battlefield Earth?).

Someone uploaded it to YouTube:

Hey, he did a Mission Earth soundtrack too! The man was a genius!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:46 PM   #288
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Another reason I don’t register is that I don’t see ads, I don’t find the benefits of registering needed, an I don’t want to get unwanted upgrades of the firmware.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #289
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by harriska2 View Post
Another reason I don’t register is that I don’t see ads, I don’t find the benefits of registering needed, an I don’t want to get unwanted upgrades of the firmware.
Why not register? You can keep WiFi off. You aren't syncing because you've not registered. So being registered with WiFi off will prevent you unwanted firmware but you'd have full access to the all of the features that do not require WiFi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote